Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Watford

limpid

Match Polls  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/01/20 at 23:59

Seems to be a theme but I only caught the second half. Everything was better, passing, ball retention, movement, defending. All looked comfortable. Having said that Reina needed to be on his toes. 

I though Marv was the best player on the park, he was everywhere. I didn't think Drinkwater was poor but Douglas gives so much more going forward. Jack was Jack, full of energy and looked to get at Watford at every chance. 

I must admit when the ball hit Tyrone's hand I did think he would get a second yellow. I think we got away with one there. 

But the fight shown and the celebrations after the goals shows you what it means. We need that again against Bournemouth but we should have one if not two new strikers in by then which will help the cause. 

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Most generous referee ratings I think I have ever seen.

Yeah he was awful. Did not give jack protection when he was clearly fouled twice.

waited for another foul to book the guy who took Grealish out on the half way line. That was 100% yellow on its own.

no governance around driving forwards the time wasting clearly happening. 

we barely played 75 minutes. 

only good thing is we won in the 95th and the game was slow so recovery will be good for us. 

• Like 1

7 wins out of 24, almost a third of our games, that's what I was hoping for at the start of the season (in order for our results to be average compared with the rest of the teams). With 3 more plus 6 draws from the remaining 14 matches that would give us the 40 points total, which is usually enough to stay up. (I do appreciate that it might not be this season though! It's so close in the bottom half at the moment!). :s

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

There will be some on the villa YouTube channel at some point in the next couple of days.

There are already extended highlights on Villa TV, on the OS. They actually put them on there last night. Fast! : )

One thing I've just noticed the last minute goal came from all three centre backs. Hause wins the initial header, Tyrone get a few touches in the box and Konsa fires at goal. 

Amazing fighting spirit from the team! Could be a season defining moment added to the last minute winner against Brighton earlier in the season. 

12 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Well I didn't expect that 

me too....I thought the second half " fight" was so reassuring and encouraging.

That will prove to be a watershed moment in our season.....Atmosphere, was something else.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

One thing I've just noticed the last minute goal came from all three centre backs. Hause wins the initial header, Tyrone get a few touches in the box and Konsa fires at goal. 

Amazing fighting spirit from the team! Could be a season defining moment added to the last minute winner against Brighton earlier in the season. 

Hause has his faults, but his aerial ability, is an asset.

It was pretty much all villa without really testing foster 1st half. Watfords goal came against the run of play.

one of my favourite players that i watch on match of the day gerrard delafeo did absolutley jack all. I was suprised when trez got subbed I thought el gazi should of gone.

I thought Drinkwater had another decent shift.

Luiz has made an great impact as sub in the last two games. always good to see players celebrating by jumping in to the fans.

• Like 2

Â