Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

6 hours ago, magnkarl said:

I think people get bogged down in comparing the guy to Ronaldo and Messi, rather than looking at him for what he is. At 19 Messi and Ronaldo were talents but hadn't really achieved much yet.

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

At 19 Messi had won La Liga twice and the Champions League once. He'd also found time to do this: 

Messi was a precocious talent. There's just a lot more noise around players today because everybody has got internet access 24/7 now.  

Messi was crazy good at 19 - had hit the Barcelona first team and was scoring 1 in every 2 (not quite Haaland levels :D).  Pretty sure he hit a Clasico hat-trick as a teenager too and was third in the Ballon D'Or running at the end of that season (or whenever it happens) - might have been 20 at this point but, still.

I think the internet comment is fair, but I remember hearing a lot about Messi coming through the ranks.  He was genuinely considered to be the best talent in Europe.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Messi was crazy good at 19 - had hit the Barcelona first team and was scoring 1 in every 2 (not quite Haaland levels :D).  Pretty sure he hit a Clasico hat-trick as a teenager too and was third in the Ballon D'Or running at the end of that season (or whenever it happens) - might have been 20 at this point but, still.

I think the internet comment is fair, but I remember hearing a lot about Messi coming through the ranks.  He was genuinely considered to be the best talent in Europe.

Yeah Messi broke into a Barcelona side that was among the best in the world at the age of 17 and was more or less a regular at 18.

Mbappé debuted in a very good Monaco side at 16 and at 17 he was a regular for them when they won the title ahead of PSG.

12 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Just go under any youtube video of Haaland and look at the hate. "Luck" "farmer's league" "not as good as x" "fluke" "Mbappe runs circles around Haaland" etc etc. 

By always I mean since he started appearing in media because of his Salzburg exploits. 

It takes a bizarre level of brainwrong to dismiss the one player for scoring goals in a "farmer's league" and then (and I've definitely seen this happen) use Neymar or Mbappé as your counterexample. I can't understand this way of thinking, just as I can't understand Messi fans who call Ronaldo "useless" or Ronaldo fans who call Messi a "shit midget".

Only the mind of an idiot could conceive of Messi or Ronaldo as being shit. Probably no coincidence that a lot of these clearings in the woods wear sunglasses. ;)

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

I'd pretty much made my mind up when Messi was 19 that he was the greatest footballer of all time, it was just a matter of what trophies he would win from then.  He won the Under 20s World Cup and Olympic Gold as well.  Not sure I ever expected what followed in terms of his goalscoring either.  Regardless, Haaland looks incredible, I agree that hopefully he and Mbappe push each other to greatness too.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Superb movement and finish. This guy is on fire. How long until he’s at Madrid or Barca? 

No reason why he couldn't play for City like his old man. They'll need a long-term replacemant for Agüero fairly soon, and I suspect Jesus will be moving on this summer or next.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, His Name Is Death said:

No reason why he couldn't play for City like his old man. They'll need a long-term replacemant for Agüero fairly soon, and I suspect Jesus will be moving on this summer or next.

He isn't technical enough to play for a Klopp or Guardiola team.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He isn't technical enough to play for a Klopp or Guardiola team.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I thought it was generally agreed that he's got strong technical ability and a good defensive work ethic - the latter being as much of a hallmark of a Klopp or Guardiola player as their attack. His teammates seem to think so, too. Witsel even singled out his technical ability when he was asked about him after the Köln game.

Haaland doesn't just use raw physical strength to outmuscle his opponents, if that's what you mean, and I've seen him use flicks and turns to beat defenders plenty of times.

9 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I thought it was generally agreed that he's got strong technical ability and a good defensive work ethic - the latter being as much of a hallmark of a Klopp or Guardiola player as their attack. His teammates seem to think so, too. Witsel even singled out his technical ability when he was asked about him after the Köln game.

Haaland doesn't just use raw physical strength to outmuscle his opponents, if that's what you mean, and I've seen him use flicks and turns to beat defenders plenty of times.

From the games i've seen from him his link up play is really hit and miss.

If you want to play as a striker under Klopp or Pep your link up play is probably your most valuable asset.

He reminds me so much of Lukaku in his playing style. He is obviously better than Lukaku but they are similar in playing style.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8038739/Borussia-Dortmund-star-Erling-Haaland-receives-signed-shirt-Michu-idolised-growing-up.html

Erling Haaland has received a signed shirt from the player he grew up watching – Swansea City's cult hero Michu.

While Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi are the usual suspects to inspire the game's latest generation, Haaland decided to go with the slightly more obscure choice of admiring the Spaniard. 

Haaland even tagged himself as Michu in a variety of photos on his Instagram page.

As a result of his support, Michu, who is now sporting director of Spanish third-tier side Burgos, reached out to the Borussia Dortmund star to send him a signed club jersey with Haaland's name on the back.

A star-struck Haaland responded to the kind gesture on Monday.

'Wow what a legend!! #Nice2Michu,' Haaland tweeted.

Michu, 33, was honoured by Haaland's admiration and was full of praise for who could be one of world's best players in the coming years. 

A variety of pictures on Haaland's Instagram page show him tagging Michu as himself

'It's an honour. I think he's going to be a world-class player,' Michu recently told AS.

'He's a much better player than me!'

Michu rose to prominence with Swansea following a £2million move from Rayo Vallecano.

The Spaniard went on to score 18 goals in 35 Premier League games to become a fan favourite at the Liberty almost instantly.

However, several long-term injuries seem to derail Michu's promising future before he announced his retirement in 2017.

Following Dortmund's win over PSG in the Champions League last week, Haaland admitted that Ronaldo is his true footballing icon and that he would like to meet the Portuguese superstar one day.

'I would love to meet him and tell him that I am a footballer thanks to him. For me, he was always a role model,' he told Record.

42 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

'I would love to meet him and tell him that I am a footballer thanks to him. For me, he was always a role model,' he told Record

image.jpeg.e4eef187832b05111c132714ca871869.jpeg

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Saturday was the 1st home game he hasnt scored since September 2018 

He was a sub, didn't come on til midway through the second half (I think)

Apparently his 4 years younger cousin made his senior debut over the weekend in the Norwegian 2nd division.

Might as well snap him up already, he is already almost as big and looks just as not 100% as Haaland and has an even sillier name

640@60.jpg

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

Â