Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's that kind of performance. If we lose this then we will have to explore that option.

I think it's too late. If they were going to change it they should have done it after that dreadful run in December and given the new manager some investment in January.

Instead we stuck with Smith and loaned Drinkwater. 

I’ll take a point here. We look way off it. DD need games but he shouldn’t be starting such an important game. He’s making Henri look a proper player here. a d why jack is not in the middle is beyond me. 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Dont wanna say it really dont. But needs a change of manager. No motivation yet again, team look lazy, Brighton are shite too!

It looks familiarly like the pressure has caught up with him.

• Like 1

This formation is dreadful. We look terrible and nervous at the back, Drinkwater is wandering around doing nothing on his own in the middle and we have no runners or movement in the final third (in fact generally ahead of anyone who has the ball).

3 minutes ago, RobSpain said:

Still not having scored a headed goal this season is scandalous! We used to be brilliant at set pieces. 

We always had a complete hoofball team. Goes without saying a team that's better on the pitch is worse on set pieces. The main problem is that we're not good enough at the pitch either. We got to turn this around, but it's hard when the idiots in the recruitment department got us starting matches without a striker.