Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We’re a 1 man team

Yep and it's not really happening out there for Grealish today so far. 

Smith's crowning achievement as a manager is to get us to be a one man team, it's just a massive risk, Grealish is a one point of failure. If he's not in the side or at his absolute best every single week we are just more terrible than usual.

1 minute ago, supermon said:

But what on earth is Dean coaching? Can keep buying player after player but this team can't string any passes together.

Dean Smith will relegate us. There is no chance we can survive playing this way. What difference would it be if we had Samatta, Piatek, Callejon on the pitch if we cant keep possession. Feel sorry for Grealish he doesn't deserve this

We can't keep possession because we don't have a midfield. Nakamba has been hiding all game and Drinkwater is way off the pace. Can't pass to someone if nobody is showing for the ball. We miss Mcginn so bad.

• Thanks 1

It’s alright lads we are only 2 points off our target of 17th and the Semi final of a cup. Smith is doing a fine job.

• Haha 1

Just now, LondonLax said:

We’re a 1 man team

Harsh on Mings and McGinn.

Grealish is a class above obviously, but they pull their weight. Most of our other starters just aren't good enough. We have a Championship squad, but more importantly, no style of play.

If we played in the Championship this season, I think we'd still look shit. 

What do we do all week?

This not challenging opposition forwards malarkey will be the trait that ends with our relegation. I don’t understand, truly do not understand, what the thinking is behind the constant allowing of opposition attackers to wander from anywhere up to our penalty area. It has to be by instruction, it happens too frequently for it to be anything else. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bunnski said:

I feel sorry for Mings having to try Marshall the two either side of them, they haven't got a clue what they're doing most of the time, embarrassing

I think he's been part of the dropping as a 3 problem

For the goal it's him who should step forward, konsa has the run behind him

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I think people are overreacting. We're 2nd best, yes. But we nearly went 1-0 up moments before we went down by one.

yes but the team (not jack ) are crap - no pattern no shape no ffff idea . Pass get the ball to Jack will not keep working