Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

46 minutes ago, jamdog said:

I like this one but try this, for the pessimistic: 

These guys know their onions.

I remember whoscored had a similar poor review for Wesley. 

I really hope this is a properly scouted player and not an agent ringing Suso.

16 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm pretty sure they are all very proud to represent their countries at what is a very important tournament to them.

Is it - they don't really give a toss from what I can gather ?

Why is it important ? 

I can't believe we are repeating our mistakes from the summer by going back for another unproven striker from the belgique league. It's insanity.

Villa's philosophy is if something doesn't work keep going back and doing it again and again until it does.

Another suicidal gamble.

can write the script now....awful hold up play terrible first touch misses sitters, smith telling fans to give him time as he's in a new country playing in the "toughest league in the world"

pathetic waste of 10m.

the only sliver lining is he should be available for the cup semi, I just hope he can take a pen.

7 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I can't believe we are repeating our mistakes from the summer by going back for another unproven striker from the belgique league. It's insanity.

Villa's philosophy is if something doesn't work keep going back and doing it again and again until it does.

Another suicidal gamble.

can write the script now....awful hold up play terrible first touch misses sitters, smith telling fans to give him time as he's in a new country playing in the "toughest league in the world"

pathetic waste of 10m.

the only sliver lining is he should be available for the cup semi, I just hope he can take a pen.

Blame FFP.... We can't sign anybody above and beyond that because financial "fair" play keeps things fair by not letting us replace an injured player. 

(Something like that)

When we're playing well, all you have to be is an average striker and you'll get a lot of chances.

Hopefully this frees Grealish up to come back into Midfield. We need composure in there.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Another suicidal gamble.

pathetic waste of 10m.

What/who are the other options? You recon we coud just sign Danny Igns? Or Troy Deeney or any other proven cf, These players are not villa fans were hardly an attractive place to come to , what proven premier leauge  cf who wants to come here at a reasonable price with reasonable wages is available?   

We need a striker so pretty much anyone will do. 

But he's going to be shit. Pretty obviously not a good player at all. You don't get to 27 and worth only 10m euro if you're any good. Other prem teams would have been in for him if he had any semi decent quality. Very trezeguet type signing.

Sorry for being negative. Hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by Bugzy1991

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Jesus Christ, we haven't even signed him yet and he is already shit. 

Captain of his country, decent European record, good price tag, good name, looks lively in the box, (granted, no beard), but no, it's a waste of money and he is shit.

Some of you need to go out for a walk, read a book, listen to some music, spend time with the loved ones.

Maybe then you can cleanse yourself from all that negative bullshit you are throwing around, completely unnecessary.

But on the flip side, once he get's injured he'll at once become world class :hooray:

It's just how it works.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Jesus Christ, we haven't even signed him yet and he is already shit. 

Captain of his country, decent European record, good price tag, good name, looks lively in the box, (granted, no beard), but no, it's a waste of money and he is shit.

Some of you need to go out for a walk, read a book, listen to some music, spend time with the loved ones.

Just being realistic tbh. You don't get into your prime and be worth only 10m if you're any good. 10m for a first team striker is so low that most teams would buy him so fast if he had any ounce of quality. 

Probability  is that he's more likely going to be a dud than any good. 

But any striker will do and we likely won't be buying better in January so sign him up. Surprised how low our budget is for a striker to keep us up in the prem tbh.

Edited by Bugzy1991

Â