Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

You obviously can't tell much about a player from a youtube montage, but he seems like a pretty confident finisher. Quite a few of his goals appear to be first time instinctive strikes, without taking too many touches.  

Of course there might be another montage somewhere of him missing 80 opportunities between each strike, but I'm hoping he can come in and give everyone a lift with a few cheeky poaches on his debut!

Incidentally I heard that he's not been registered in time to be able to play tonight. Can anybody confirm/deny pls? 

He did have a short period of drought at the start of last season. But I wouldn't say due to lack of technique but more due to some bad luck, good goalkeeper what resulted in some lack of confidence (guess every striker has such periods once in a while). But looking to what he performed after that period, I'm not doubting he will score goals for you. And if not, you have a hard worker that will keep defenders busy for your other attackers to score. Actually, he could've had even more goals if it wasn't for a non-working VAR.

• Like 3

Something about this just feels right to me. Even if he doesn't hit the ground running in terms of goals, his work rate is going to transform our attack. 

Would it also be fair to say that John Carew was probably the last striker we had that was very good in the air? 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Something about this just feels right to me. Even if he doesn't hit the ground running in terms of goals, his work rate is going to transform our attack. 

Would it also be fair to say that John Carew was probably the last striker we had that was very good in the air? 

Rudy Gestede?

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Benteke, Gestede, Abraham?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Anybody know if he’s eligible to play in the 2nd leg of the Carabao Cup?

if only there was some confirmation of that somewhere on this page.

I know nothing about him and his youtube videos or goals in a the Belgium league doesn't mean a whole lot to me. I do however see from the videos on youtube that he isn't afraid of getting stuck in and he seems way more mobile up front than anything we got. 

So I am kinda excited to see how this pans out. If there's one thing we need it's a striker that can get stuck in and run around a bit. 

9 hours ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Thought I detected a brief airing of "Sama, Sama-goal" in the Holte during the second half (I was in Trinity Upper). Definitely one in the Witton Arms after the match. He must have been drooling watching that atmosphere. This is your new home, my friend.

Haha, just came here to say I wondered what he thought when Konsa scored and the roof came off VP? No disrespect to Genk at all, but when he heard that roar - and imagined himself on the pitch - his hair must have stood on end. 

• Like 3

Â