Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Could be a marketing masterstroke this. Imagine the extra shirt sales and other merchandise opportunities, maybe AVTV subscribers. 

With him, Marvellous and Trez we have covered ourselves for FFP for the next 5 years :P

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Genkie123 said:

Hi,

I'd say we will miss Sama more than we missed Benteke. First of all for his great personality and for the nostalgia of his important goals that made us champion last season. When Benteke left for quite some amount of money at that time, I remember several Genk fans saying they 'would bring him personally with a wheelbarrow'. Mainly because -despite you could see Benteke's potential- he still missed a lot of chances and never had the impact on our club like Samatta had. Sama is more moving, dynamic and creating 'chaos' in a defence while Benteke was more the powerful tall guy you could pass a ball and he'd hold it as long as needed. So personally Samagoal>Benteke on all aspects.

Thanks mate. 

Really excited by this guy. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Blimey Tanzania has a population of 59m, and samatta is the first and only tanzanian to play in the prem.

Wonder if the commercial aspect played a part in us wanting to sign him?

That's a huge untapped fanbase.

Welcome Ally.........

I said earlier in the thread not overly impressed or disappointed with this one it's definitely a one eye on the Championship type signing, looks to have had one very good season at Genk with 20 goals in 28 appearances apart from that doesn't get in to double figures (in a European league) so I hope we as Villa fans don't pin our hopes on him then absolutely berate him when it doesn't happen...............reality check he cost less than half Wesley did!

At least we'll have a recognised striker playing, now just need some decent winger to service him.

Edited by zab6359

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah that's very concerning

Probably only concerning if we go down, if we manage to stay up I'd like to think neither Trez or Nakamba will be regular starters we'll see how Ally does could be the standout successful signing we are missing from the summer batch.

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I like this guy. Hope he does well.

On a side note - is Woodward really the best we can get. He is a shit interviewer. Always the same inane questions. And he poses the questions in such a way that the interviewee can only repeat the question as his response.

He is an embarrassment.

Absolutely agree guy does my frigging swede in every time I hear his voice!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Welcome Ally.........

I said earlier in the thread not overly impressed or disappointed with this one it's definitely a one eye on the Championship type signing, looks to have had one very good season at Genk with 20 goals in 28 appearances apart from that doesn't get in to double figures (in a European league) so I hope we as Villa fans don't pin our hopes on him then absolutely berate him when it doesn't happen...............reality check he cost less than half Wesley did!

I agree that it would be nice if he isn’t berated for not being Messi, but just to point out he is in double figures for this season already... (assuming we count the Champions League, and as that included scoring against Liverpool I’m counting it!).

Not sure I agree about the eye on the Championship - he looks to have the ingredients for PL. But I do agree he’d hopefully do very well in the Championship if we do slip.

Just now, Adam2003 said:

I agree that it would be nice if he isn’t berated for not being Messi, but just to point out he is in double figures for this season already... (assuming we count the Champions League, and as that included scoring against Liverpool I’m counting it!).

Not sure I agree about the eye on the Championship - he looks to have the ingredients for PL. But I do agree he’d hopefully do very well in the Championship if we do slip.

That is just impossible to predict after watching a couple of youtube vids, I hope he is PL quality we'll find out soon enough 7 league goals this season in the Belgium league? As I say we'll see.

Just not fair to slaughter him if he isn't prolific, I'd hazard a guess unless it really is a one eye on the Championship type signing another better quality striker is on the way soon depends on the clubs ambitions for this season.

Â