Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

Maupay led the line for Brentford and was one of the most important players for how they played under Smith, and Samatta is seemingly closer in style of play to him than Wesley is.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So hard to tell though when  the level of opposition is pretty average. 

Nah, you can tell when a player can control a football. When he's rapid. When he's got a leap on him. If he knows how to make those arcing runs... What you can't tell is consistency, how often does this player do those things.

But he looks good to me technically and the numbers back it up. I've watched an interview with him as well, in English, and he seems to have his head screwed on. Talking about team spirit, listening to your manager, confidence, that sort of thing.

Yeah it's a step up and I wouldn't expect 1 in 2 at Premier League level, but he's got the tools to be alright at minimum. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Because Wesley isn't dead, he'll be coming back. We needed a different type of striker anyway. Wesley should never have been our only main striker.

Well yes I get that. 

But since Smith has been here he has played with 1 lone striker. While I'm sure we wanted another striker in the summer, I think the money spent on Wes shows he was going to be our number 1 option. 

So if the club feels long term that a striker like Wes is the way forward, I'm surprised that the opposite of Wes is seen as the way to save our season. 

I get that we need options but the focus put on Wes in the summer and now Samatta now are two completely different styles in leading the line. 

• Like 1

I never take to much notice of YouTube videos for obvious reasons but what@Regular has posted has got me excited. 

He seems to be exactly the sort of player we have been crying out for. 

Thanks for your input mate, I know it's shit when you lose your best players, depending on how this season pans out we may lose ours in summer. Best of luck for the rest of the season pal 🙏

Edited by av1

5 hours ago, imavillan said:

Imagine this being done by a packed Holte End 🙂

and then there's this...

I can’t wait to sing Samma goal. On a serious note we need to get behind him straight away, it must boost your confidence 10 fold when people sing your name like that, did we even have a song/chant for Wes? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

I can’t wait to sing Samma goal. On a serious note we need to get behind him straight away, it must boost your confidence 10 fold when people sing your name like that, did we even have a song/chant for Wes? 

OT but I still hold the view that Wesley is the sort of character that would have grown a extra couple of inches will support. 

Imagine being a CF and hearing the Holte screaming the name of a former shit fullback (Hutton) and your name barely gets a clap. 

A decent looking striker, in his prime, for a relative pittance in this day and age. If Wesley can learn a bit from him about putting in some effort as a striker it could prove a veritable bargain.

Looking forward to seeing this signing confirmed.

Another forward on loan for cover, and a winger and that would be a fantastic January window *for a club in our current position 

Edited by MrBlack

6 minutes ago, Regular said:

I'm repeating myself, he won't be the best transfer you ever did, but will be usefull if you use him right. 

It's all about timing mate, if this kid helps us to stay up he will go down in the club's history. 

7 minutes ago, Regular said:

he'll undoubtely be by far the nicest person you ever transfer. 

It doesn't matter what country or league you watch, football fans are all the same and are easily pleased. If you work hard and aren't a dick the fans will love you. From what you have said I think this kid will be a fans favourite. 

Â