Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think Wesley and Trezeguet are the only two players we’ve signed, or been linked with, where I couldn’t find a YouTube video to get excited about. 

At least this Samatta fella has a half decent YouTube compilation. In truth, I’m a bit skeptical as to whether he’s the answer but will definitely get behind him. I just hope he’s more Mane than Salifou! 

The positive side is that we are after 2 strikers, by the looks of him, at minimum he seems a big nuisance who can also slip in and poach.

Alot of good headers as well.

Think he will be the "little" striker in the Big Man/ Little man combo.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The positive side is that we are after 2 strikers, by the looks of him, at minimum he seems a big nuisance who can also slip in and poach.

Alot of good headers as well.

Think he will be the "little" striker in the Big Man/ Little man combo.

He’s around 6 foot isn’t he?

1 hour ago, The Other Mat said:

I wonder if this was agreed last week and we've already applied for his work permit? Not sure on the rules, but I'm assuming a permit has to be agreed before a player signs? 

Well the news is a politician is aiding in obtaining a permit, don't know whether it's true but seems like there are complications for a politician to be involved.

7 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

But weird given he landed in Brum this morning.

translated report from HBvL  https://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20200117_04809523/officeel-samatta-voor-10-5-miljoen-naar-aston-villa-medische-testen-in-parijs

looks like same picture reference from yesterday so possibly already had medical

Edited by SuffolkVillan
wrong attachment

try again

OFFICIALLY. Samatta for 10.5 million to Aston Villa, medical testing in Paris

Today at 7:48 AMbyKristof Liberloo / Marnik Geukens
OFFICIALLY.  Samatta for 10.5 million to Aston Villa, medical testing in Paris

Photo: JEFFREY GAENS

The deal is round: Ally Samatta goes to Aston Villa. KRC Genk and the English Premier League reached an agreement last night, Villa would put some 10.5 million euros on the table.

Ally Samatta has been dreaming of moving to the Premier League for some time. The 27-year-old Tanzanian was linked to an English club almost every mercato. So this time it's hit. The Genk striker is currently …

1 minute ago, SuffolkVillan said:

try again

OFFICIALLY. Samatta for 10.5 million to Aston Villa, medical testing in Paris

Today at 7:48 AMbyKristof Liberloo / Marnik Geukens
OFFICIALLY.  Samatta for 10.5 million to Aston Villa, medical testing in Paris

Photo: JEFFREY GAENS

The deal is round: Ally Samatta goes to Aston Villa. KRC Genk and the English Premier League reached an agreement last night, Villa would put some 10.5 million euros on the table.

Ally Samatta has been dreaming of moving to the Premier League for some time. The 27-year-old Tanzanian was linked to an English club almost every mercato. So this time it's hit. The Genk striker is currently …

Currently ... what?!

With Rebekah Vardy? What?!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's what I really like about the headed goals. They're not all coming straight to his head. He's making concerted runs to win and hit them with force

To be honest I’d forgotten goals could be scored with the head, so I’ll. take him 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

This is probably about the best kind of signing we can expect at the moment. It's a punt, but it's one we have to make, and, sadly, one we make with an eye on Championship football next season.

He seems to have a bit about him, hopefully he can physically take to the league. If he can, then the ability will follow hopefully.

Needs to have another signed with him though. It's no good trying to fudge our way through the rest of the season with 1 striker. Get a loan in alongside him.

To me he looks at least comparable to Wesley - bit it just makes the Wesley fee even more ridiculous - I suppose this guy is older at 27. 

Â