Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

56 minutes ago, SirSteveUK said:

McGinn  £2.75M 

Mbappe  180m euro. 

Trezeguet 8m

Don't really get the point you're making? Better players +potential cost more on average. That doesn't mean you can't buy value and it never happens

Edited by Bugzy1991

Smith's quotes about not knowing whether we'd have a striker or not for Saturday, and him talking about us wanting more than one forward, are from this afternoon at his press conference for the Brighton game.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wasn't we linked with him in the summer? Must have been on the radar for a while

Yeah as I posted earlier, I read somewhere he was meant to be foil for Wes but did not come off in summer.

I do remember those links too

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hippo said:

I hope we have something inserted into all our players contracts banning them from going. ridiculous mickey mouse tournament which of no interest to anyone.  (Nakamba can go though)  

=4th tackles per game for CM or DM in Premier League Nakamba?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Regular said:

Hi, visiting KRC Genk and (biased) Samatta fan. 

Is Samatta good enough a striker for Villa and the Premier League? I think he will be sufficient for your needs. He isn't a clinical finisher, but I'm sure he'll score his goals. He's a fairly good allrounder. He's quick, a good header, pretty much two-footed. His biggest attribute is his work ethic. He's a very dynamic striker, in games he doesn't score or he isn't efficient, he's a constant threat for defenders. He always will do his defensive work and never hides in games. 

Last season he had a big amount in our league titel. With his goals, work amount and leadership. 

He will be missed, not only for what he did on the field, but especially outside of it. 

He's an absolute fan favoriete. He's always positive, always smiling, a great teamplayer and a leader on the pitch. 

In Genk he already has his song on the tune of KC and the Sunshine band - give it up. Nanananananana Sama-goal, Sama-goal, Sama Sama goaaal. Please keep this in honour 

Oh my, the dream this!

A player who actually contributes and doesn't hide when it's hard.

Edited by Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yea I see a lot of people criticising Nakamba, particularly for his passing rather than tackles...

cant help but thinking, have you seen the rest of our midfields movement? How the hell is he supposed to complete a pass to others who stand still and let the opposition get in front of them all the time.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Mane?

He moves like Mane with the ball from what I have seen, he seems like a cross between Mane and Kalou. Someone mentioned the Kalou similarities earlier. Before anyone accuses me of getting overly excited im merely referring to his movement only. 

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Yea I see a lot of people criticising Nakamba, particularly for his passing rather than tackles...

cant help but thinking, have you seen the rest of our midfields movement? How the hell is he supposed to complete a pass to others who stand still and let the opposition get in front of them all the time.

I did these stats another site to highlight how bad Hourihane is for tackles and intercepts. Look who is #1 midfielder for both. 

Tackles:
1st Fred 3pg
2 Nakamba
3 McGinn
4 Hause
5 Targett
15th Hourihane 0.6pg

Interceptions:
1st Targett 2.2pg
2 Fred
3 Nakamba
4 Engels
5 Konsa
15th Hourihane 0.3pg

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah that's the one - the one the blokes who watch train everyday don't pick if they have other options.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

He moves like Mane with the ball from what I have seen, he seems like a cross between Mane and Kalou. Someone mentioned the Kalou similarities earlier. Before anyone accuses me of getting overly excited im merely referring to his movement only. 

How did he do against Liverpool? Full analysis... 

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

It's not big tournament - dress it up any way you want.

What's the history of African nations in the world cup ? 1 quarter final v England over 20 years ago ? .....

I think it's only PC reasons that this tournament exists ....and clubs are forced to release their players.

It precedes the Euro championships by 3 years. It’s very very important to the African nations. 

Â