Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

I think this could come back and bite us on the arse. Not brilliant for us, but he was thrown in at the deep end after arriving from a poorer league. It takes top players many months to adjust to the strength and pace of the Premier league, a luxury that due to our predicament he wasnt afforded. 

Came, tried his best, scored a decent goal, and i think would have done a decent job off the bench for us this season. 

Edited by dukes
  • Like 3

unless we are buying a new striker, or a wide player that can play striker, to back up for Watkins, Samatta needs to stay around until Jan and we can see if Wesley is fit or not.

We do not want to be in the same position as last season, where our only main striker is injured, and we were reliant on El Ghazi as some quasi striker failscade.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I am just pointing out the fact he was a bad player and a bad signing. An awful player in fact, what's wrong with that? At what point did we all get so sensitive.

He's alright you know, he's won the jackpot. He got a 4 and a half year deal with a PL team and he's barely Championship standard. He's winning. He'll be fine.

No problem, yeah a bit too sensitive there perhaps I get you.

If DS and the management team who see him in training everyday has decided that he isn't good enough then so be it. If we are bringing in one more forward and when Wes comes back he'll be fourth choice if not fifth. I don't like the idea of us signing a player and then shipping him out after half a year. It's a commitment signing a player, he was doing great and was loved at his previous club and is an icon in his home country, we lure him here, make him move his life and family to another country, then we don't give him a proper chance, decides that he is shit and ships him out. If it's his own wish I'm ok with it, otherwise I don't like it. Some proper poor scouting that. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Anyone with any sense of football IQ could tell that Douglas Luiz was a very talented footballer long before lockdown.

I agree entirely but there were people on here even after he was playing great saying “no-one could possibly have predicted this”. Amazing how we all see things differently. 

3 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

If DS and the management team who see him in training everyday has decided that he isn't good enough then so be it. If we are bringing in one more forward and when Wes comes back he'll be fourth choice if not fifth. I don't like the idea of us signing a player and then shipping him out after half a year. It's a commitment signing a player, he was doing great and was loved at his previous club and is an icon in his home country, we lure him here, make him move his life and family to another country, then we don't give him a proper chance, decides that he is shit and ships him out. If it's his own wish I'm ok with it, otherwise I don't like it. Some proper poor scouting that. 

So is this loan out for him legit?

6 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

If he wasn't taking chances I'd agree with you (such as Adama). But he's only had one shot post lockdown! To be honest, it's Davis who we didn't give a proper chance, not Samatta. I wish him well, but I think it would be the best choice for all parties to be honest.

RE: Samatta, it really depends how much they pay. I think Turkey might be a better fit for him, not just in terms of the league but also in terms of the culture but obviously if we can sell him rather than loan him, that'd be better for us. 

As useless as he was at the end of last season, I can't help feel it's poor from the club to write the guy off after just a few months. I wonder if they've seen (or not seen) something more in training to think he won't make it after such a short time. He had no time to gel with his new team mates. No service from wide. No time to connect with the fans before they were banished from the stadiums.

You do want the club to be decisive but from the outside looking in it does look like bad treatment from the club. I hope I'm wrong as that's certainly not how I want the club to behave.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slowandlow said:

Ridiculous if we sell him to a direct (and local) rival. Bad enough giving players  to the blues but at least they're in a different division at the moment.

I thought he looked decent pre lockdown but was admittedly abysmal post lockdown. 

1 goal in 14 games is laughable.

Happy to give him to them.

we have no idea what wesley will come back. we're hoping it's the 'bunley wesley' but it could easily be the wesley we saw for a lot of games

i feel like samatta will score goals. i think there's a player in there.

3 hours ago, slowandlow said:

Ridiculous if we sell him to a direct (and local) rival. Bad enough giving players  to the blues but at least they're in a different division at the moment.

I thought he looked decent pre lockdown but was admittedly abysmal post lockdown. 

Depends.  If sell him and use that money and other to get a top class replacement them great.  It’s not as if we are giving them a first XI player and if that money helps us then I’m up for it.

31 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Surely we can’t be fortunate enough to generate some cash and sabotage two of our local rivals by giving them Hogan and Samatta?

Samatta is a lovely guy but is no where near the quality needed. 

samatta will score goals when confidence is up and the system suits him. it's very presumptuous to think he's going to 'sabotage' baggies. he's definitely not a hogan

i'm actually wondering about your final point. smith tends to keep the 'good guys' at the club (elmo, lansbury, taylor) and wondering why the need to shift samatta unless he's a nuisance

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

samatta will score goals when confidence is up and the system suits him. it's very presumptuous to think he's going to 'sabotage' baggies. he's definitely not a hogan

i'm actually wondering about your final point. smith tends to keep the 'good guys' at the club (elmo, lansbury, taylor) and wondering why the need to shift samatta unless he's a nuisance

Good points and Ally showed promise at the start, I'm wondering if the gravity of the situation we were in got to him on a mental level.

He and Davis are fighting for 4th choice and one of them should be shipped out, It's a coin toss for me but I would sell rather then loan them out.

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Unless we are buying a new striker or a wide player that can play striker, to back up for Watkins, Samatta needs to stay around until Jan and we can see if Wesley is fit or not.

I think we will and I think it will do Samatta the world if good going to West Brom or that other team mentioned.

I think he's alright.

No way would I let anyone down the bottom in the PL have him in any scenario. That would be very silly.

A loan away if we don't get a replacement is fairly silly as well really.

Long-term, I think getting Keinan out for 40 league games somewhere is of more use to us.

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

we have no idea what wesley will come back. we're hoping it's the 'bunley wesley' but it could easily be the wesley we saw for a lot of games

i feel like samatta will score goals. i think there's a player in there.

“Bunley bon am bed”.  Sure that’s how they say it anyway?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

1 goal in 14 games is laughable.

Happy to give him to them.

Out of context yes but he did initially look useful. First we rip their youth set up apart, sign Barry and now Samatta ... Ouch lol

Â