Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

I don't think he's made a mistake yet. I'd compare him to Pukki I think, very similar styles.

He's feeding off scraps and making things happen.

Such a satisfying goal that. Tough to top a diving header.

• Like 2

I wish we had him since the beginning of the season. But nothing's late. Just put Davis with him and see how it goes. I was waiting for the two of them, I thought that might change the game circumstances at Wembley.

But we go again. Let's prove to Leicester again what we're made of!

• Like 2

It was a great run, held back slightly, positioned himself bang in the middle of the 2 defenders, gave himself the space needed to make the header rather than just darting in to an area and making himself harder to pick out

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don’t write Wesley off, I think he still has a lot of potential, he has shown it in short bursts here

Samatta - 2 goals in first 5 games.
Wesley - 2 goals in first 6 games. 

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

When he scored, he wasn't having any of this celebration nonsense at the time either. Wanted to get straight back to trying to pull a result out, great character as well, seems a players player!

Spot on mate. He's a finisher and has a steely look about him. Ally looks like a player on a mission. 

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Samatta - 2 goals in first 5 games.
Wesley - 2 goals in first 6 games. 

I think it's the general play and endeavour/demeanour that endeared Samatta to the fans quicker than Wesley. Wesley looked moody when playing even when he scored he barely broke in to a smile. Having said that I thought he was doing decent for the way we were playing at that time. When we got players closer to him, for example, at Burnley he looked decent. 

Anyway for me it's too early to judge either of them. For some reason I think they would work very well together.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

I think it's the general play and endeavour/demeanour that endeared Samatta to the fans quicker than Wesley. Wesley looked moody when playing even when he scored he barely broke in to a smile. Having said that I thought he was doing decent for the way we were playing at that time. When we got players closer to him, for example, at Burnley he looked decent. 

Anyway for me it's too early to judge either of them. For some reason I think they would work very well together.

I think having a player like Samatta to look up to and learn from will benefit Wesley more than having say, Kodjia as your competition.

I still hold out hope that hopefully whatever the board/managements "master plan" will come good, and most of these players will develop into solid performers.

Bad as it sounds the injury might give him more time to acclimatise to his surroundings better, reflect on and become a student of the English game and hopefully come back stronger. 

• Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think having a player like Samatta to look up to and learn from will benefit Wesley more than having say, Kodjia as your competition.

I still hold out hope that hopefully whatever the board/managements "master plan" will come good, and most of these players will develop into solid performers.

Bad as it sounds the injury might give him more time to acclimatise to his surroundings better, reflect on and become a student of the English game and hopefully come back stronger. 

I agree. Often injuries are the making of a player. Look at the times Grealish got injured, he came back physically and mentally stronger each time. It'll give him more time to acclimatise to the culture, learn English maybe, get used to eating spam, bangers and mash, fish and chips, minted peas etc. instead of that tender marinated meat and flavoured rice he would be used to from Brazil (that can't taste good). 

Also his history suggests he's a determined charcter and thrives in difficult situations. Here's hoping that rings through once more.

• Like 3

Â