Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I just watched his post match interview. He was obvs gutted with the result but I found his comments about his own performance interesting. He commented how he needs more time to get up to speed, that he's come from Belgium and that the level in the Premier League is so much higher, and that he needs to understand the 'culture' of the team so he can offer more. He seemed v professional and confident of his ability to execute. 

He seems like a bit of a thinker as well as a fox in the box. I really like him.

If the rate of improvement from his first game, to the last game, are anything to go by, and he is "still not up to speed", I feel we have one hell of a player on our hands.

Please don't get injured mate.

Brilliant from him.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-mbwana-samatta-tweet-17677431?fbclid=IwAR2RIddIVfJr5W_jce-RU5qYYVE0TmWtggkGZwVwJwiN3WFOQFJrZfT905k

'Stop' - Aston Villa star Mbwana Samatta issues this message to fans

Aston Villa news - Mbwana Samatta tweeted fans in his native Tanzania to ask them to stop criticising his new teammates after defeat at Bournemouth

Aston Villa striker Mbwana Samatta has taken to social media to issue a cryptic message to his Tanzanian supporters.

Fans back in his native Tanzania, a country of almost 60 million people, have taken great pride in Samatta's move to the Premier League.

He joined Villa from Genk in January for around £8m after head coach Dean Smith turned to the 27-year-old to help boost his side's chances of staying in the Premier League.

Samatta scored on his first Premier League appearance on Saturday, a consolation in the 2-1 defeat at relegation rivals AFC Bournemouth, reacting quickest to a ricochet from Keinan Davis' effort to head home.

Taking to Twitter on Monday morning, he posted the following message in Swahili, translated into English by Goal Africa: “All fans from Tanzania I understand that all of you love me because I am your son.

"I also know that you would like to see me perform well with my new team but, here, I am making a request in a very humble way; stop criticising or abusing my fellow teammates or the team."

“Personally, I am not happy with that at all.”

Samatta's message could be assumed to be directed at those who are criticising other players, possibly Jack Grealish, as has been suggested on social media.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They aren't real Villa fans nor are the new Egyptian fans.

Couldn't care less about them. Once Trezeguet, Elmo and Samatta leaves they will be long gone. I will support the Villa till my death.

Think some of our own 'real fans' could learn a thing or two about support, judging by that video clip.

There's no question who I'd rather be standing next to in the holte

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, GodsBarkeep said:

Think some of our own 'real fans' could learn a thing or two about support, judging by that video clip.

There's no question who I'd rather be standing next to in the holte

They are cheering for Samatta. Not the Villa.

If they had the option of either Villa surviving and keeping Samatta or Villa going down and Samatta signing for let's say Man Ure.. I'm pretty sure what option these so called Villa fans would go for.

They've also been slating Jack for not passing to the almighty Samatta all over social media. That alone makes them nobody in my eyes.

Edited by villalad21

38 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If they had the option of either Villa surviving and keeping Samatta or Villa going down and Samatta signing for let's say Man Ure.. I'm pretty sure what option these so called Villa fans would go for.

They've also been slating Jack for not passing to the almighty Samatta all over social media. That alone makes them nobody in my eyes.

You've pointed out that football fans can be fickle: which is something any regular visitor to this forum (or any football forum) will know.

Not sure why raising our fame and reputation around the world is a problem. I wonder what the real issue could be 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

That's a sweeping generalisation.

You're right in so much that a lot of them will do that.

But I bet a lot of them won't. They'll stay as Villa fans. That's how it works.

Man United gained a load of Korean fans when they signed Park ji Sung, but I bet a load of them disappeared when JI Sung left Old Trafford. But some of them would have stayed.

It's happened before with us as well. I'm sure we have a lot of Irish fans of a certain age because of the large Irish contingent we had for the 94 world cup. Lots of them will have fallen by the wayside, but some of them will have stuck around.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Well, I'm a villa fan because of the number of Irish players who played in the mid-90's. Does that make me a "so-called fan" or am I real fan? As mentioned above that's how becoming a fan happens when you're not from the area that the football club is based in a la Chelsea fans Cote d'Ivoire or Ghana Man united fans in South Korea. 

You're almost as bad as those clowns on the internet a couple of weeks back who were saying football is ruined because a group of Asians took a photo outside Anfield. 

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Well I'm a villa fan because of the number of Irish players who played in the mid-90's. Does that make me a "so-called fan" or am I real fan?

Fair play to you for keep on supporting Villa since then but i have serious doubt about these new Egyptian and Tanzanian fans will keep around after Trez and Samatta are gone. Some probably will, but many of them will lose interest.

Edited by villalad21

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Fair play to you for keep on supporting Villa since then but i have serious doubt about these new Egyptian and Tanzanian fans will keep around after Trez and Samatta are gone. Some probably will, but many of them will lose interest.

And Villa probably lost a lot of Irish fans in the mid to early 2000's because there were no more Irish players. It happens and there is no problem with them supporting Villa for now. Some will stick around, some won't. It's not the end of the world. As I said in the edited original post don't end up like the fools on twitter saying football is ruined because of foreign fans visiting a game.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Well, I'm a villa fan because of the number of Irish players who played in the mid-90's. Does that make me a "so-called fan" or am I real fan? As mentioned above that's how becoming a fan happens when you're not from the area that the football club is based in a la Chelsea fans Cote d'Ivoire or Ghana Man united fans in South Korea. 

You're almost as bad as those clowns on the internet a couple of weeks back who were saying football is ruined because a group of Asians took a photo outside Anfield. 

I'm partially a Villa fan because of Dwight Yorke (Caribbean) connection myself.

25 - 30 plus years later so yeah, goes to show.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I'm partially a villa fan because as a wee scottish youngster in the 70's/80's i was a dirty glory hunter & we were quite good at the time, oh & Andy Gray.

heh, probably should have just given up watching football after 1982 really as 75-82 was about as good as it got for both Villa & Scotland. Mostly shite & misery since.

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm partially a Villa fan because of Dwight Yorke (Caribbean) connection myself.

25 - 30 plus years later so yeah, goes to show.

You must really hate Dwight Yorke for ruining football for you ;)

• Sad 1

Â