Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

Yes, well, Noel Whelan has told Football Insider (sounds painful) that the signing is a risk. With that stunning view now out in the open, I'm not sure if I want him to sign anymore. 

I have no idea when or why Noel Whelan started chiming in on our dealings. Really, though, who gives a shit what he has to say about anything?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

That’s not the case, it’s 3 points for Top 25% of fee for All previous season transfers (Mitrovic was 20m), or 2 POints for top 50%. (You can also get 3pts for wages which again is top 25% - same rules).  Needs 4+ points, so we absolutely needed one of either fee or wages

74702C96-4887-429C-B561-87E3568F9A09.jpeg

Thanks, I was confused between transfers and wages clearly!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I have no idea when or why Noel Whelan started chiming in on our dealings. Really, though, who gives a shit what he has to say about anything?

Who is Noel Whelan?

Edit - wait - the run of the mill Coventry player from 25 years ago Noel Whelan? Jesus. Your point is completely correct.

Edited by Adam2003

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeah, that guy 🤣

'Next up, let's hear from Paul Rideout, Salif Diao and Nikos Dabizas...'

Noel Whelan wishes he was as relevant as those guys.

Guy has been sitting in his shed for 20 years and suddenly is being asked about Villa's new striker it seems.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Noel Whelan wishes he was as relevant as those guys.

Guy has been sitting in his shed for 20 years and suddenly is being asked about Villa's new striker it seems.

I want to know more about the process by which this happened to be honest. On the face of it, it's inexplicable.

If he's eligible for Watford he'll play. Probably not a start but Smith will give him minutes if he can. 

It sadly won't make any difference though, we're losing to Watford. Hopefully it'll be with less of a whimper than before with him up top for a bit. If he's allowed. Which I kinda doubt.

19 minutes ago, Chindie said:

If he's eligible for Watford he'll play. Probably not a start but Smith will give him minutes if he can. 

It sadly won't make any difference though, we're losing to Watford. Hopefully it'll be with less of a whimper than before with him up top for a bit. If he's allowed. Which I kinda doubt.

If he’s available he will play. Smith threw Drinkwater straight in so will have no worries about doing the same with Ally.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

If he’s available he will play. Smith threw Drinkwater straight in so will have no worries about doing the same with Ally.

Samatta should hopefully be more match fit than Drinkwater having played a fair few matches already this season, whereas Drinkwater has barely played in the last couple of seasons. Playing Drinkwater in that first game was an odd decision, doubly so when you consider the opposition in his first match.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but do we know that he *hasn't* trained with the team yet? Are there actually rules about this, that can be and are enforced? I ask because he's been in the country for a few days, and you sometimes hear about former players/other players without clubs using the training facilities to get back to fitness. Or are there men with clipboards from the Premier League ticking off names as people arrive for training?

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Wes said:

Would depend entirely on his level of fitness. Could you imagine what would happen if he picked up an injury because he was played too early?

Hasn't he basically played half a season as a regular already?

TOTALLY different to Drinkwater.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but do we know that he *hasn't* trained with the team yet? Are there actually rules about this, that can be and are enforced? I ask because he's been in the country for a few days, and you sometimes hear about former players/other players without clubs using the training facilities to get back to fitness. Or are there men with clipboards from the Premier League ticking off names as people arrive for training?

I could have swore that I read somewhere that he had been training with us. I'll try and dig it out.

Edited by gaz90
Can't find the source, so I might have dreamt it. Regardless, I can't find any reason why he wouldn't be training with us if he's just waiting on formalities and we want him to play midweek.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Having worked abroad I can only go on my experience. I was in the country but couldn’t work without a visa.  When I changed companies in that country I needed a new visa to work for new company.  I had to have a bridging visa to stay in the country between jobs but couldn’t work.  If I had worked without the visa I would’ve had my visa stopped, asked to leave the country and banned from applying again for 10 years if I remember properly.  Given, if the same for him, then I doubt he can train as that would be classed as working and given he is high profile it would be known.  Might be different for football or English rules.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Oh good no need to watch then as we’ve already lost. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Who is Noel Whelan?

Edit - wait - the run of the mill Coventry player from 25 years ago Noel Whelan? Jesus. Your point is completely correct.

Not that I have any affection for him, or give a single shit about what he thinks, but Noel Whelan wasn't run of the mill. He was a very good player.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not that I have any affection for him, or give a single shit about what he thinks, but Noel Whelan wasn't run of the mill. He was a very good player.

Very good??? Come on now. 

Â