Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I think that's a made up story tbh - the new guy needs a work permit and we aren't paying £22m for him !!!!

He has 50+ caps, so he'd already be ticking one of the main boxes for a work permit. Wesley didn't have caps, so my understanding was that his value had to be proved in a different way (i.e. his transfer value). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gaz90 said:

He has 50+ caps, so he'd already be ticking one of the main boxes for a work permit. Wesley didn't have caps, so my understanding was that his value had to be proved in a different way (i.e. his transfer value). 

Ridiculous story. Work permit rules are about their % placing in a club’s transfer history. Wesley or Luiz would have needed to be in our top 25% value of signings over recent seasons to count those points. So as long as their fee was, say, above £12m that would be absolutely locked in since we had only EVER paid above that fee once before this summer. 

If Wesley and Luiz were worth £5m each and we had paid £12.5m to sign them there could be some credit to the story. The idea it would have any influence above that is nonsense. You just have to read the work permit rules to see that.

The fee for Wesley was because us was a 22 your old Brazilian striker. We were paying for potential and resale value.

This guy is 27, he’s the best he’s going to be and will likely be in his 30s when he leaves us, probably on a free or for a minor transfer fee. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Ridiculous story. Work permit rules are about their % placing in a club’s transfer history. Wesley or Luiz would have needed to be in our top 25% value of signings over recent seasons to count those points. So as long as their fee was, say, above £12m that would be absolutely locked in since we had only EVER paid above that fee once before this summer. 

If Wesley and Luiz were worth £5m each and we had paid £12.5m to sign them there could be some credit to the story. The idea it would have any influence above that is nonsense. You just have to read the work permit rules to see that.

That’s not the case, it’s 3 points for Top 25% of fee for All previous season transfers (Mitrovic was 20m), or 2 POints for top 50%. (You can also get 3pts for wages which again is top 25% - same rules).  Needs 4+ points, so we absolutely needed one of either fee or wages

74702C96-4887-429C-B561-87E3568F9A09.jpeg

Edited by MattVillaPortsmouth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Wesley definitely got points for CL appearances which Luiz didn't have

Yeah, I think Wesley got 1 point under the Part A criteria as he played all but 18 mins of the CL group stage games for Club Brugge last season.

• Like 1

After seeing the difference playing with a striker made yesterday I'm excited to see what this bloke will add.

It will be great to have another potential goal threat to take the pressure off jack!

Have never seen him play but Phil Thompson on Soccer Saturday said he wasn’t a bad player at all so for the stated fee looks to be a decent acquisition.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, striker said:

Have never seen him play but Phil Thompson on Soccer Saturday said he wasn’t a bad player at all so for the stated fee looks to be a decent acquisition.

Any player that scores against his beloved Liverpool must be a world class player.

Edited by jacketspuds
addition
  • Thanks 1

Really looking forward to seeing him play too, we will look a very different team going forwards. Stage is set for him, we need to beat Watford - could be a legendary debut. 

Or a season ending injury in the first 3 mins. 

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Really looking forward to seeing him play too, we will look a very different team going forwards. Stage is set for him, we need to beat Watford - could be a legendary debut. 

Or a season ending injury in the first 3 mins. 

Or he doesn’t score on debut and isn’t familiar with his team mates so looks a bit lost, leading to VT dismissing him as “shit” straight away. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

He is a striker and we don't have one of those, if he is eligible to start Smith will start him. 

Yeah, I think it unlikely he'll have him sat on the bench, he may have to do his own thing but better that than no striker at all. 

35 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

While the chance of him starting vs. Watford is non-zero, it's not much higher. He won't have trained with the team for any meaningful amount of time.

Won’t be a factor I don’t think. If it’s done he’ll start. But I doubt it’ll be done, paperwork always takes a few days doesn’t it... in which case I’d start Vassilev based on his cameo yesterday. 

Â