Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

2 hours ago, Regular said:

Those last 20 seconds of the second movie are the whole reason we're gutted he's leaving. Absolute cultfigure. 

what do you think of him as a player?, what type of player is he?

thanks in advance.

Might have been mentioned already, but regardless of his on-field returns this is a really important investment for another reason. We unfortunately have a squad with quite a few slow, low-press types, so training week-in week-out with a guy who's hungry and won't give you time to dwell on the ball should have a significant impact on the overall intensity and speed of passing in our defense/midfield. Drinkwater getting up to speed will probably have a similar positive effect. Invaluable

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Looks to be able to do all the things Wesley can't. 

Which makes me wonder why we spent so much money on Wesley in the summer. 

Because he's probably more suited to the way Dean wants to play in the long-run. The way he and the team played against Burnley is what I imagine he's ultimately going for.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Because he's probably more suited to the way Dean wants to play in the long-run. The way he and the team played against Burnley is what I imagine he's ultimately going for.

And yet to try and save our season he's signing a striker that doesn't play that way. 

That doesn't make much sense. 

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

And yet to try and save our season he's signing a striker that doesn't play that way. 

Because we are after TWO strikers.

And by accounts this type of signing was supposed to come in AS WELL AS Wesley in the summer but it did not happen.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Could be worth having different options of players who can do different things... that has been our main criticism, hasn't it?

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Definitely not in Paris! Just awaiting the announcement now it seems! 

50 million people waiting?  More importantly, me and fat bloke waiting in Sedgley!

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Because Wesley isn't dead, he'll be coming back. We needed a different type of striker anyway. Wesley should never have been our only main striker.

This is worth noting. We spent £22m on Wesley, they clearly rate him and there's clearly a player in there. Yes he suffered a bad knee injury, but he's young and in this era he has a good chance of coming back just fine. Villa aren't just going to bin him off after a few months and as the man said, we need different players for different occasions in this league. I suspect this 'loan striker' we are looking for will be more of a Wesley type. 

For all we really know, Samatta can do the job of leading the line better than Wesley. How many times have we all actually seen him play? 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

Â