Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

34 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm optimistic about him.

Not going to lie it concerns me when it takes someone 2 full minutes to score in their own Best Bits Compilation though. 😄

The video is showing you everything, good and bad. That's a good thing, surely? It shows you about 20 goals after that so I wouldn't overthink it!

Well its Belgium so tbh its hard to judge but he looks like a different kind of forward to Wesley which I take as a positive because it means when Wesley returns Ally can compliment or be a different an option to him. Yes I still think Wesley is a very promising young player hopefully his injury doesnt crock him like it did with Tekkers.

• Like 2

Mbwana just score a goal

Like a bullet from your head

Pull the trigger we’ll be ahead

Your Villa life has just begun

You’ll soon score the Villa winner away

Mbwana ooooo, oooo

Pile of **** I know but we are all desperate for someone who can score. Nothing more really Samattas to me!

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Haha 1

What I like about him is he seems confident shooting with both feet. Makes a striker so much more dangerous when you can't show him on to his weaker foot.

My concern would be as per Wesley, the Belgian league might be making him look a bit quicker than he actually is. But he seems to be making those natural runs in behind more than Wesley would, and he seems a bit better at attacking a cross.

I wouldn't be overly impressed or disappointed if this happens, it's definately a one eye on the championship type signing though which is understandable. Already scored against plop this season be nice if he managed it again.

15 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

he seems to be making those natural runs in behind more than Wesley would, and he seems a bit better at attacking a cross.

That's what I really like about the headed goals. They're not all coming straight to his head. He's making concerted runs to win and hit them with force

Having watched the video, I'm a little concerned. Not that he can't play or that there is no talent there - but I saw not 1 highlight where his back was toward goal.

Wesley struggled with this too and got roasted for it - but if we continue to lump the ball forward to him (as tends to be the case if/when our midfield goes missing) then he won't help us so much.

We need to change our style of play a bit to accommodate. The recent change to 3-4-3 has helped a bit (Wesley's last game with that formation was a good one) so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Regular said:

Last (and previous seasons) we played in a 433/4231 formation with Samatta as a lone striker. I think you could best describe him as a pressing forward. We pressed high on the pitch with him as our first defender. In posession he tends to search space: in the corners of the field, behind defense, in between lines. Always making a running action. We played technical, posession football but against bigger teams, we could also counter attack (like our goal against Besiktas https://m.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20181026_03877683/video-smullen-in-europa-league-bekijk-hier-de-wereldgoal-van-krc-genk-en-het-prachtige-vluchtschot-van-renaud-emond). 

In the league, we mostly had to break down defense, but we also found a gap with often Samatta as finisher. 

This season we played some matches in a 442, with Samatta in front with Onuachu (Wesleyesque player) . Some went very well (Liverpool at home), but most were very poor. It seemed he had less space to roam in with two strikers. But to be fair, this is probably because of our poor tactics. We have a new coach and quite a fallback in the league 

Wesley dominated our league physically with his strenght and was someone who made others play better. Samatta can create his own chances more often. 

Like I said, I think he'll do what he's supposed to do for you. But he isn't a miracle worker. He won't score 20 goals in the Premier League. But in the summer, we thought he could aim at a higher (no offense) mid table club. 

We know we're just the Belgian League, but we're not the club that delivered you Wesley. We 're the club that delivered you Benteke in the past. 

But if he performs on the pitch, you' ll have a fan favorite in no time. And the whole country of Tanzania will spam your Facebook account. 

Thanks for info mate. 

Sounds like he is exactly the sort of player we need. 

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

Having watched the video, I'm a little concerned. Not that he can't play or that there is no talent there - but I saw not 1 highlight where his back was toward goal.

Wesley struggled with this too and got roasted for it - but if we continue to lump the ball forward to him (as tends to be the case if/when our midfield goes missing) then he won't help us so much.

We need to change our style of play a bit to accommodate. The recent change to 3-4-3 has helped a bit (Wesley's last game with that formation was a good one) so fingers crossed.

Good point Oz about hold up play (although I actually thought Wes did ok for a first Premier League season). The bid difference here though I guess is that this guy will be able to run in behind, work the channels and give us an out ball that way. I actually think he would work well playing alongside Wes as a wide forward.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

These guys know their onions.

I remember whoscored had a similar poor review for Wesley. 

I really hope this is a properly scouted player and not an agent ringing Suso.

Firmly behind the Tanzanian if we're signing him. Scrutiny should be applied however to the current scouting department and overall recruitment strategy in place at the club if he struggles out of the gate. All of our attacking problems are a direct result of our baffling decision to put all our hopes on a 22 year old South American who never played in the Premier League. It's sort of amateurish, to be honest. Now we are left sniffing around the Belgian league again. Forgive my lack of knowledge on FFP, but how much money can Villa spend this window?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, omariqy said:

I can't believe what I have just read in the last few pages. @hippo have you never heard of George Weah. Also have you ever heard of colonisation? The France team that won the World Cup was basically an African team. Africa has been deprived of it's resources and it's talented people for generations and you have the nerve to defile it. 

You're overthinking it mate.

I just said ACON is a bit shit.

Feel free to disagree - but keep it in perspective.

• Confused 1

Â