Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

We need someone up front for the next three crucial games.Given the potential of a delay in issuing a work permit, could we still be without a striker for one, two or all three of these games?😱

1 minute ago, John said:

We need someone up front for the next three crucial games.Given the potential of a delay in issuing a work permit, could we still be without a striker for one, two or all three of these games?😱

Ideally yes - but villa don't do ideal - !!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hippo said:

Just reading that Palace were very keen on him - but only dropped out - because they wanted to focus on younger players 

Can't see much of a downside to this - at worst it's a bit of raw talent and enthusiasm - the outlay isn't massive in relative terms.

The same Palace who have just signed a 28 yr old striker?

31 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

The same Palace who have just signed a 28 yr old striker?

I don't want to argue about it - that's just what I read -:they have the oldest squad in the PL and are looking to bring that down + I think the striker they have just signed is on loan.

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Why didn't you expect that, more a feeling or based on something in particular?

I'm not sure what to think, in the last days of the summer transfer window there were rumours of us trying to sign players for quite significant sums. Don't remember why, but I got the impression that it was credible rumours. Then of course came rumours about FFP, perhaps that has changed it. But if we had money left to spend in the summer, shouldn't we have some now? 

No just based on what the rumours were and educated guessing. We are close to the FFP limit already based on what we spent in the summer. There is a risk if we go down and I didn't think we would take it tbh.

32 minutes ago, chappy said:

Excited about this signing! 

I watched following clip and all the shots and keeper and post was terrified but then goals scored kicks in 1:53 and some of the headers was like yes please

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yeah, the clip shows you good and bad Samagoal. 

Even the bad looks good. He's knows how to move on a football pitch, at speed. Good first touch. 

Some of goals off shoulder of last defender reminded of Gabby's best attribute

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm optimistic about him.

Not going to lie it concerns me when it takes someone 2 full minutes to score in their own Best Bits Compilation though. 😄

Terrible arrangement. Howling shots straight at keeper in "Skills" section. Many would give up watching before goals kick in

• Like 2

Â