Mbwana ‘Ally’ Samatta

It's Your Round

"What's the difference in saying that the SPL isn't a great standard and that African people aren't good at football?" 

I see Gordon Strachan's found a new home after getting turfed off Sky...

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Couldn’t find the whole game so I went through the highlights of the champions league games he played in. He is definitely quick. He has a good leap, not weak but not the strongest this can be worked on. His finishing is ok. I like his positioning especially from wide balls has a tendency to drift on to the opposite full back then attack the centre spaces. He could have scored a few more but his teammates struggled to find him. 

His biggest weakness it seems is his passing it’s for the want of a better word quite simply shit. Overall I think it’s the threat he brings which will allow us to flourish. We haven’t got this type of player in the squad. Fast and mobile with good movement in the final third. He made a few runs to open the spaces.

His passing looks fine statistically. Pretty basic. Like you said he likes to drift and put plenty of crosses in too. 

Seems like the kind of player Smith would want. 

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I'll be honest I didn't expect us to spend a penny this window so to spend £8m on a striker is pretty surprising and welcomed. I'll back him until he proves otherwise.

Why didn't you expect that, more a feeling or based on something in particular?

I'm not sure what to think, in the last days of the summer transfer window there were rumours of us trying to sign players for quite significant sums. Don't remember why, but I got the impression that it was credible rumours. Then of course came rumours about FFP, perhaps that has changed it. But if we had money left to spend in the summer, shouldn't we have some now? 

Just reading that Palace were very keen on him - but only dropped out - because they wanted to focus on younger players 

Can't see much of a downside to this - at worst it's a bit of raw talent and enthusiasm - the outlay isn't massive in relative terms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Regular said:

Hi, visiting KRC Genk and (biased) Samatta fan. 

Is Samatta good enough a striker for Villa and the Premier League? I think he will be sufficient for your needs. He isn't a clinical finisher, but I'm sure he'll score his goals. He's a fairly good allrounder. He's quick, a good header, pretty much two-footed. His biggest attribute is his work ethic. He's a very dynamic striker, in games he doesn't score or he isn't efficient, he's a constant threat for defenders. He always will do his defensive work and never hides in games. 

Last season he had a big amount in our league titel. With his goals, work amount and leadership. 

He will be missed, not only for what he did on the field, but especially outside of it. 

He's an absolute fan favoriete. He's always positive, always smiling, a great teamplayer and a leader on the pitch. 

In Genk he already has his song on the tune of KC and the Sunshine band - give it up. Nanananananana Sama-goal, Sama-goal, Sama Sama goaaal. Please keep this in honour 

Thanks! I love it when visiting fans come on here and comment on players we are interested in. One of the best ways of trying to guess how a new signing will fare is the reaction the previous club's supporters. The reaction regarding McGinn was insane and he then came to fulfill all what they had been saying about him, if not even more.

I really like what you say about him, the emphasis on work rate and being a positive influence is ever so important, that we buy players who are good footballers is something I assume.

What formation does Genk normally play and in what position does Samatta play? Can he play as a lone striker in a 4-3-3, or as one of the wide forwards in the 4-3-3? Or is he best suited in a two man attack with a target player next to him?

How would you compare Samatta to Wesley that we bought from Club Bruges in the summer? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Thanks! I love it when visiting fans come on here and comment on players we are interested in. One of the best ways of trying to guess how a new signing will fare is the reaction the previous club's supporters. The reaction regarding McGinn was insane and he then came to fulfill all what they had been saying about him, if not even more.

I really like what you say about him, the emphasis on work rate and being a positive influence is ever so important, that we buy players who are good footballers is something I assume.

What formation does Genk normally play and in what position does Samatta play? Can he play as a lone striker in a 4-3-3, or as one of the wide forwards in the 4-3-3? Or is he best suited in a two man attack with a target player next to him?

How would you compare Samatta to Wesley that we bought from Club Bruges in the summer? 

Are you sure English isn’t your first language? Your English is better than most English peoples’ English.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â