The Royal Family

Genie

24 minutes ago, Rodders said:

i mean it's good it's happened once streaming services have already arrived. At least it's much easier to ignore this media nonsense. But it's hilarious they've stopped the live sports page coverage of the cricket and the masters. 

It's what he would have wanted. Probably. No fun for a few days.

Out of respect, I'm not going to crack one out tonight.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

What would people think of an 18 year old who exchanged love letters with his 13 year old cousin?

I'd think that it was probably just another normal day in the Young Conservatives.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I think it's fair to say there are levels of racism. He said offensive (admittedly sometimes funny...) things often based on absurd and offensive stereotypes. Always struck me as well intentioned but just ridiculously out of touch, rather than being malicious. It's not like he was a member of the EDL. He was harmless.

Exactly. You'd struggle to find a 99yo bloke who wasn't racist/offensive in todays world. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Mate, if you're looking for sombre reverance, I suggest you could turn on your TV, and watch BBC 1. Or BBC 2. Or ITV. Or Channel 4, or Channel 5, or literally every radio station in the land.

6 Music should be safe after 7pm. All the shows are pre-recorded

I thought things may have been different given that William probably (presumably? Maybe?) reads VT but I respect opinion.  All I can say is that I wish anyone good will and best wishes when they have lost a loved one. 

EDIT: assuming the obvious caveats. 

Edited by trekka
  • Haha 2

Sympathies with the Queen really, married since just after WWII and as someone said on the coverage, he was the only person that could talk to her like she wasn't the Queen.

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

They'd better not cancel Gardeners World for this shit.

They have.

BBC1 and BBC2 are running identical schedules of dead old racist git programmes, all evening. **** ing ridiculous. Put it on one channel or the other, but both??? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

They have.

BBC1 and BBC2 are running identical schedules of dead old racist git programmes, all evening. **** ing ridiculous. Put it on one channel or the other, but both??? 

Intenet will crash as people move to streaming services

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

All terrestrial channels going wall to wall all night with this. I dread to think what'll happen when his missus croaks it. Only saving grace will be the day off. 

Nah I like liz and I won't be this apothetic when she dies, that will justify the media coverage and outpouring, my parents have only ever had her as Queen, it will be a huge event 

Phil dying not so much, especially given that he's been knocking on deaths door for so long 

Just now, Brumerican said:

People grieve in their own way. 

I've been googling the price of life size inflatable E.T.s for the last hour with tears streaming from my eyes.

It was an Alf!

• Haha 1

Â