Gaming 2020

hogso

I got super excited about Squadrons initially. My first thought was it's a spiritual successor to the Rogue Squadron games, but from what I've heard it doesn't sound like it'll be all that impressive.

My main concern is that they have just taken the Battlefront 2: Space Battles mode and spun it off into a standalone game. If that's the case then I don't see this impressing many people as the gameplay in that mode wasn't fun. 

I'd kill for a modern Wing Commander-esque game with a decent, fully fleshed-out single-player campaign.  Something more immediate and less complex than Elite Dangerous with less of a sandbox-feel and more of a focused, narrative-driven approach.  I'd drop mad cash on something like that.  Especially if it was Star Wars.  As you say, Squadrons looks like it'll be quite a limited experience (though having just binge-watched both Clone Wars and Rebels animated series those crafty EA bastards have totally hooked me with the Wedge and Hera cameos in that trailer, I'll be picking it up either way).

The biggest announcement from EA was the reveal they'd be bringing Skate back. The problem? They'd obviously told the devs about 5 minutes before filming they were doing it. It wasn't an announcement really.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â