Gaming 2020

hogso

47 minutes ago, Chindie said:

In fairness I'm not sure how up for a bleak apocalyptic zombie drama people are going to be in the current climate.

I'm currently replaying The Last of Us because of the current climate 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

tony hawks skater 1 & 2 get remasters, out this year

bring back SSX...

Yes please SSX as well. My college days are returning 😁

Now just need to moderate a Villa forum when pissed and I'm all ready.

10 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Timesplitters remaster as well please 

Every now and then I think why didn't they ever keep it going, that was the PS2 game when I was at 6th form, I lived close to the school, 6 lads timesplitters and the 4 way adapter thing for hours a day, I loved that game 

I'm pretty sure the studio went bust or got bought out or something 

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Every now and then I think why didn't they ever keep it going, that was the PS2 game when I was at 6th form, I lived close to the school, 6 lads timesplitters and the 4 way adapter thing for hours a day, I loved that game 

I'm pretty sure the studio went bust or got bought out or something 

Brilliant game. Same for me, spent hours on that with my mates. Imagine that game online 😍

Played it recently and the controls feel alien, so we'd need a proper remaster I think.

• Like 1

It did, I spent hours playing it on single player. Man, I miss those days! I've always enjoyed a good single player mode.

97-2008 were probably my best gaming years. Tony Hawk's, GTA VC, Halo, Timesplitters, Gran Turismo 2, GameCube, N64, PS2. So many great options.

Edited by avfcDJ

Activision know their onions when it comes to the remake thing - take the old games, shove the nicest graphics they can over it, profit. They wobbled with the first one, the Crash trilogy, by using the jump physics from the third game in all of them, but otherwise it was a triumph and the Spyro trilogy was genuinely excellent.

On 11/05/2020 at 07:27, villa4europe said:

Now the Mafia twitter account has done the same, come back to life after 2 years without a post

The last game was good and worth a play even if it got a bit repetitive 

This is why

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tony Hawk's will be my first day 1 purchase since No Man's Sky (sad trombone sound).  I rinsed the ever-loving shit out of those games and I'll be intrigued to see how many optimal level routes I can remember.  They were also responsible for my very, very short-lived skateboarding "phase", which lasted as long as it took me to realise that moving along on a small, wheeled plank of wood was a) terrifying and b) far beyond my ability.  I had the Airwalk tee, jorts and oversized belt-clip keychain to fall back on, I guess.  Christ, what a bellend.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

What's included in the Tony Hawks remaster? 

I loved Tony Hawks but was relatively late to it. Tony Hawks 3 on the PS2 was my first Tony Hawks game and I played the shit out of it.

Edit: in fact just thinking about that game has caused a massive wave of nostalgia to flow over me. Playing that for ours in my room with the (excellent) soundtrack turned up loud. Great times.

Edited by Stevo985

54 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What's included in the Tony Hawks remaster? 

I loved Tony Hawks but was relatively late to it. Tony Hawks 3 on the PS2 was my first Tony Hawks game and I played the shit out of it.

Edit: in fact just thinking about that game has caused a massive wave of nostalgia to flow over me. Playing that for ours in my room with the (excellent) soundtrack turned up loud. Great times.

1 and 2 with some of the mechanics from 3.

Inevitably if it does well they'll have 3 DLC.

• Thanks 1

Â