Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

The players we signed aren’t good enough. We’re no better than we were when we finished 5th last season in the championship. What do you all expect? You buy shit players, expect shit results.

Agreed 100%.

I hoped if we stayed in touch until Jan, we'd bolster the squad and have a chance.

Our January activity so far suggests we'll be going down with barely a whimper. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Somebody said earlier that all of the other promoted teams have managed an upset this season, already. Why the hell can’t we set up to do that?

It’s like DS has tried to park the bus until we can make some signings. You can’t play against city like this.

Also, I swear I heard DS just shout ‘Wes!’

To be fair. We gave a really good game against City, Liverpool, Arsenal and United. We probably should have won those last two and didn't disgrace ourselves in the first two. 

We have this time... But he doesn't set up that way 

Edited by HalfTimePost

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Buying so many players from inferior leagues to the place they need to perform was far too risky. They weren’t cheap either. It’ll take 3-4 years to clear the decks of this latest wave.

Let's face facts, it's not just the players, but clearly the coaching. Fitness levels are poor and that reflects on the strength and conditioning this lot receive, the technical and tactical stuff is pretty poor as well, little in the way of a high press and possession based football. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That just summed Drinkwater up. Mendy mis-controls the ball but Drinkwater hesitated and then when he did try to get it back it simply bounced off them and to a Man City player. 

The crowd there today deserve something to cheer. Hopefully, before the end, the players give them something. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Buying so many players from inferior leagues to the place they need to perform was far too risky. They weren’t cheap either. It’ll take 3-4 years to clear the decks of this latest wave.

I remember typing this 5 years ago. Sigh. 

The worst thing about it all is I don’t think they would be good enough in the championship either. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

The worst thing about it all is I don’t think they would be good enough in the championship either. 

Agreed again. In general the players we bought in weren't better than the team that got to the playoffs. Except we wouldn't have Tammy's goals.