Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I didn't mean to put words in your mouth, it's just been a consideration for me for a while.

I really like the bloke, I'm just starting to like him a lot less as a manager.

Know what you're saying. He is increasingly looking a little out of his depth. But it's hard to ignore how bad our current squad is too. Tricky one.

• Like 1

Somebody said earlier that all of the other promoted teams have managed an upset this season, already. Why the hell can’t we set up to do that?

It’s like DS has tried to park the bus until we can make some signings. You can’t play against city like this.

Also, I swear I heard DS just shout ‘Wes!’

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Somebody said earlier that all of the other promoted teams have managed an upset this season, already. Why the hell can’t we set up to do that?

It’s like DS has tried to park the bus until we can make some signings. You can’t play against city like this.

Also, I swear I heard DS just shout ‘Wes!’

When we find ourselves ahead like against Spurs and Liverpool we shit our pants and collapse.

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

To be fair, getting battered 3-0 by 10 man Watford was quite an upset.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The didn’t have to by a whole new team on promotion though did they? 

Our problems are the culmination of years of mismanagement. It’s only due to Smith that we are back in the Premier League at all. 

An it'll be only due to Smith we will be back in the Championship and lose all our best players.  Remember that one!!

• Like 1

City really showing how modern football should be played .. buy players with technical ability / skill as priority instead of brute strength .. look how small & thin the Silva / Mahrez/ Jesus/Fidel..but all our athleticism players are played off park chasing shadows .. 

• Like 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

The players we signed aren’t good enough. We’re no better than we were when we finished 5th last season in the championship. What do you all expect? You buy shit players, expect shit results.

Huge match next week. 

Buying so many players from inferior leagues to the place they need to perform was far too risky. They weren’t cheap either. It’ll take 3-4 years to clear the decks of this latest wave.

• Like 2