Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I think that Drinkwater was Smith's choice and I'm as baffled by it as you are and that was before today's game. He couldn't get into a poor Burnley side so I had no hopes of this working out at all. 

Having said that, the more baffling thing is that Smith threw him in today against a side like Man City. Nakamba may not be the best but he at least is familiar with his teammates. 

I often find reasons to back Smith and his decisions but I can't back him at all with the signing of Drinkwater or today's team selection.

A Villa fan he may be but, today, he may have the misfortune of managing Villa's worst ever top flight defeat. 

100% agree, and i think you're being kind to DS in your appraisal.

Not sure i've seen a worse top flight performance by anyone.  Southamptons 9-0 defeat included.

Come on guys, what do you all reckon the final score will be? 

I honestly cannot see any positives to clutch at and only see another goal in the first 10 minutes followed by 4 or 5 more so am going for Villa 0 - Citeh 10

If that happens, you might see Smith go tonight or tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Danishlad said:

It is ok to lose against man City , but you have to give it a go. You have to ask them question. Our tactics have been embarressing. 

Not one shot on target or should it just be not one shot lol.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Enkleman was alright, SHA incident aside.

Off topic but I wonder if VAR would have allowed that as it didn’t seem to touch his boot

He made a terrible howler in the return fixture at VP as well, those two incidents tarred him. Nyland a lot worse though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

One thing that's clear from today. We badly need Pepe Reina. First and third are goals any decent keeper should save. 

Are we sure Pepe has signed already? 'Cause if he hasn't, ....

• Like 2

I’m hoping Man C will take the foot off the pedal now and save themselves for more difficult games to come.

Aguero will want another goal to get past Henry’s premier league record and maybe they will leave it at that. 

So 0-5?

Tine to throw on a few U23s, Pep.

ok, so 4-4 is the goal then....

(In less sarcastic speech... this is a mess.  it was never likely for us to get anything off MC, but drinkwater rusty and slow sealed it.  hopefully he'll catch up to speed in the next few weeks.  Bring on the next match.)

i realize that it's a forum and all views are welcome, but the venom expressed here towards our own is truly maddening, often.  Now someone will say that they deserve abuse because they are garbage, disgraceful, and unfit to be breathing, etc.  By doing so, they will think they rebutted my annoyance when in reality they just proved my point.  Have at it..