Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

Nakamba and Trezeguet might not be the most technically gifted players but they work hard. And Guilbert should only be out the team because he is injured. Lol ‘chocolate wrists’ Nyland. Graeme Souness with a rare gem. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Torturous first half. Probably the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a Premiership team and there’s another 45 minutes to come.

Boy would I like to be a fly on the wall in Villa’s dressing room.

Someone would try to swat you.

And miss.

• Haha 2

I've go no sympathy for Smith after this. Just seeing Elmo watch Jesus run in for that 4th goal without lifting a finger. Just watched him run straight past and in behind the rest of the back line. Disgusting that these idiots keep getting picked week after week. Maybe Drinkwater needed a couple of weeks to settle with the team also before getting thrown in after no game time since the old King died. Unbelievable some of the decisions constantly being made. I know we are playing City but this is a disgrace tbh. Players literally shitting themselves with the ball and lazy without it. No excuses!

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Given he went straight in I would say there is a good chance he was. 

DS is quoted as saying he signed Drinkwater as he saw fire in his eyes.

Well theres no fire there today.  I wonder if he, or both of them, were drunk, because Drinkwater looks like a pub player today.

Luiz has been shit too, and Hourihane completely anonymous, but both miles better than Drinkwater.  Criminal.

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Just noted Jack not passing much now trying to do everything himself.No wonder it’s four now.

the play where he took 4 men on?

taylor made himself "available" 2m away and AEG stood there watching, absolutely nothing on

to be fiar to jack he beat 3 of them...

this where the Maddison comparisons become a bit pointless, Maddison doesn't have to put up with this shit 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

One or two 'experts' having a go at me for saying Nyland should have saved the third goal. Absolutely clueless some on here.

Yep Souness said Nyland has chocolate wrists lol. Burst out laughing at that.

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I've go no sympathy for Smith after this. Just seeing Elmo watch Jesus run in for that 4th goal without lifting a finger. Just watched him run straight past and in behind the rest of the back line. Disgusting that these idiots keep getting picked week after week. Maybe Drinkwater needed a couple of weeks to settle with the team also before getting thrown in after no game time since the old King died. Unbelievable some of the decisions constantly being made. I know we are playing City but this is a disgrace tbh. Players literally shitting themselves with the ball and lazy without it. No excuses!

I said it after Watford’s first goal against us Elmo should never play for us again. James Bree has potential he should be ahead of him.

• Like 1

Said before that anyone we sign I will Support as a Villa player but Drinkwater doesn’t even look like he gives a shit! We need to start producing some talent instead of hoping on these loan players that come here for 50k a week and are just an empty shirt. 

• Like 1