• Grealish
    • El Ghazi
    • Nakamba (Luiz 64)
    • Trézéguet (Hourihane 70)
    • Lansbury (Drinkwater 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/01/20 at 23:59

Poor tactics or poor execution. Knowing city press high, our defence was left isolated, with no outlet from midfield. It was inevitable that the defence made mistakes from the pressure. Players should have been coming short to allow quick passes and look to switch the play whenever possible. This didn't happen. 

I thought we would probably lose, but to do so by not being able to do the basics again is a worrying trend. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Xela said:

Ultimately, our season won't be defined by games like this. Most of us expected to lose. Its the games against the teams around us that are vital; Brighton, Bournemouth, Newcastle, etc. Win those and we can stay up. Possibly. 

That didn't go too well against southampton and Watford did it

• Haha 1

Think I heard the announcement that the crowd today was around 41,800. As we  went 0-6 down they were singing “Aston Villa FC, we’re by far the greatest the world has ever seen”.

I want every single one of those fans to write to me and explain their thinking. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

You mean about 3 years?! 

But before even Hutton would actually tackle. I cant thinking a more passive pussy performance. Bar the last 4 minutes or so and one small passage of play. No challenges for the ball, from defender upwards, nothing. Not one tackle just standing and watching and stick the odd foot out hoping to deflect a pass, that's not challenging for the ball, that's what gets you injured and gets the team hammered.

Just now, rjw63 said:

That didn't go too well against southampton and Watford did it

Exactly, that's my point. Those are the games that will keep us up or relegate us. The Southampton game was far more damaging than this Citeh game. Next week at Brighton is far more important. 

The point was, if we can beat those teams around us (and we have at times this year - Brighton, Burnley, Norwich x2, Everton, Newcastle) then we should be ok. Todays game was, in my opinion, was always going to be a defeat. Its how we react against our contemporaries that will define the season. 

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Terrible. But we all knew that. I hope the players and most importantly Smith & staff learn from this. As they should from playing against such quality.

Yeah to be fair we were playing the Harlem Globetrotters of the Premier who I think will put a few more scorlines like that up this season. They've got noting to lose so are playing with a freedom. But our defending was very weak. 

• Like 1

Â