• Grealish
    • El Ghazi
    • Nakamba (Luiz 64)
    • Trézéguet (Hourihane 70)
    • Lansbury (Drinkwater 78)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/01/20 at 23:59

16 hours ago, Spoony said:

Completely dreadful. Time for Smith to go. 

On this day last year we lost 3-0 at Wigan and you were probably calling for him to go then. I'd take a similar improvement by the time another 12 months has passed.

Against the better teams you need ball carriers in the final third, guys who can get you up the pitch quickly and be an out ball. Will give you chances when you consider the top teams park their defences close to the halfway line, Vardy scored v Man. City from one of those situations very recently.

Last time we could give the top teams games home and away it was with Young and Gabby in the final third which says it all. Man. City were terrified of Adama in the Wolves game whenever he got on the ball.

We were never going to keep a clean sheet or grind out a 1-0 yesterday. More disappointed we barely had a shot up to the 90th minute. Man. City have conceded a decent amount this season, Port Vale even scored v them from open play last weekend.

I'm trying to avoid all write ups of the game that are online today. Having watched the match was enough: I don't want to read another London-based pundit's analysis of the game.

Having said that, I did enjoy this:

https://newsthump.com/2020/01/13/man-city-goalkeeper-criticised-for-making-a-cheese-fondue-during-aston-villa-game/

Manchester City’s goalkeeper made the most of his ninety minutes of free time while his teammates absolutely battered Aston Villa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I left after 44 mins and don't give a toss what anyone says. There was no effort from the team and I couldn't bare to watch another 45 mins of it. This season has gone downhill very quickly in the last few months, I dread going to the games now.

• Like 1

Â