Christian Benteke

Kwan

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The buzz would wear off awfully quick if his Palace form and injury history carries over. Also I don't hate Benteke. What a stupid comment to make. I hate the idea of signing him

Every single time you post negativity about him. No nostalgia in you? 

Isn't every transfer a risk? 

Who do you wamt us to sign up front?

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Every single time you post negativity about him. No nostalgia in you? 

Isn't every transfer a risk? 

Who do you wamt us to sign up front?

He's scored 4 **** goals in 3 seasons.

He's had significant injuries and is currently out 4 games now with "muscle strain"

I don't have nostalgia for the Championship.

There's probably a bunch of players in a number of leagues that could do a better job that I don't know of because I'm not employed as a football scout. I'd not heard of Jimenez when Wolves signed him, had you?

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's scored 4 **** goals in 3 seasons.

He's had significant injuries and is currently out 4 games now with "muscle strain"

I don't have nostalgia for the Championship.

There's probably a bunch of players in a number of leagues that could do a better job that I don't know of because I'm not employed as a football scout 

Players get injured. You dont suddenly become bad player overnight. Many factors involved. Surely theres a part of you that can see how it might just work in our favour. I would rather him up top then vassilev or no1.

3 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Players get injured. You dont suddenly become bad player overnight. Many factors involved. Surely theres a part of you that can see how it might just work in our favour. I would rather him up top then vassilev or no1.

4 goals in 64 games is pretty pathetic. If we signed Andy Carroll, Fernando Torres or Danny Welbeck with similar recent records then people woukd rightly be pissed. Benteke no exception

17 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Id be more pissed not signing any striker. If we sign him im happy to eat himble pie if it goes wrong. I just think it would work!

People eating humble pie over Benteke going wrong wouldn't comfort me if we got relegated

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Ok mate. Still havent told me who is out there that you would want?

No need to be a scout by the way, opinions are ok!

I’ll help, Lawrence Shankland and Ivan Toney both will improve us no end, both are quick skilful and can finish. Plus they are a little ‘spikey’ too and I don’t mean their hairstyles. They wont cost the Earth either. Oh and one more thing both are currently better than Christian ‘im now an injury prone crock of shit’ Benteke. And they will be worth a hell of lot more too in a season or two . 

Edited by Sulberto21

36 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I’ll help, Lawrence Shankland and Ivan Toney both will improve us no end, both are quick skilful and can finish. Plus they are a little ‘spikey’ too and I don’t mean their hairstyles. They wont cost the Earth either. Oh and one more thing both are currently better than Christian ‘im now an injury prone crock of shit’ Benteke. And they will be worth a hell of lot more too in a season or two . 

Ivan toney hasnt even scored in the championship, yet hes expected to fire us to safety? Benteke has proved he can score goals in the prem and in big games.

Shankland i cant comment on, never seen him play, but scotland is trash generally

38 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Ivan toney hasnt even scored in the championship, yet hes expected to fire us to safety? Benteke has proved he can score goals in the prem and in big games.

Shankland i cant comment on, never seen him play, but scotland is trash generally

All Benteke has proved is he’s got more injuries than goals in the last three years. He’s not firing anyone to safety. If we signed Toney and or Shankland they will score more goals for us in the premier league than Benteke Mk2 will. I don’t think anyone who wants him is comprehending the injuries he’s had have seriously limited his game.  ‘If we get him fit and firing’ . Benteke is currently injured! Again.

As for Scotland being trash McGinn and Robertson haven’t done too badly. They’re the outstanding ones. There are enough solid Scottish players playing in the Prem to say they have the ability to make an impact in England’s top league. 

The two strikers I’ve mentioned have the raw ingredients necessary the rest is up to their mentality and then the coaching staff to get the best out of them if we took a punt on them.

Sentiment will get us relegated. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

All Benteke has proved is he’s got more injuries than goals in the last three years. He’s not firing anyone to safety. If we signed Toney and or Shankland they will score more goals for us in the premier league than Benteke Mk2 will. I don’t think anyone who wants him is comprehending the injuries he’s had have seriously limited his game.  ‘If we get him fit and firing’ . Benteke is currently injured! Again.

As for Scotland being trash McGinn and Robertson haven’t done too badly. They’re the outstanding ones. There are enough solid Scottish players playing in the Prem to say they have the ability to make an impact in England’s top league. 

The two strikers I’ve mentioned have the raw ingredients necessary the rest is up to their mentality and then the coaching staff to get the best out of them if we took a punt on them.

Sentiment will get us relegated. 

but Shankland though is playing in Scottish 2nd tier, has never scored in top flight. Would be a huge step up

I'm on the fence about Benteke. On the one hand I'd love to see him come back and score goals that keep us in the league. But you have to understand we won't be signing the Benteke we sold. He's just not the player he used to be. But that doesn't mean he can't make a difference. 

The talk now is a loan to the end of the season, I think I would take that if there is an option to buy in the summer but it's not mandatory. 

12 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

People eating humble pie over Benteke going wrong wouldn't comfort me if we got relegated

Unless I've totally misjudged the noises coming from VP - we aren't going to be spending big money - therefore relegation is a distinct possibility anyway, whoever we bring in. We need to rely on someone a bit shit hitting form for 3 months - Be that Benteke, Rodriguez, Murray etc 

11 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

I bought this up with another poster. Toney failed at Newcastle in his big move and has a generally terrible scoring record before this season. I'm still waiting to find out what it is that makes people think he could score premier league goals. I'm not advocating Benteke at all, just stating that the answer isn't as easy as picking the top scorer in league 1.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

The good people at the mail has done some top notch journalism work and used Football Manager to see how a loan of Benteke would pan out.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/christian-benteke-aston-villa-transfer-17565844

Well done, well done.

Slow week on the transfer front I guess...

Why is this news?! Utterly hopeless as a newspaper, why do they still exist? 

Â