Sunday 

Premier League 

Super Sunday 

Bournmouth v Watford 2pm SS2 

MOTD 2 10.30pm 

Championship 

Cardiff v Swansea 12pm SS3

• Like 1

It was ball to hand, but my gut instinct was handball before Snodgrass even shot.  If I were West Ham I'd be more annoyed about the goalkeeping situation at the club, Fabianski can't say fit and everybody else on their books seem to be part of some kind of Peter Enckelman tribute act. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Just signed Randolph, capable enough backup 

Felt for Martin after making that mistake but I bet their fans are a lot happier, having a more experience and capable back up.

Edited by Hornso

7 hours ago, The_Rev said:

It was ball to hand, but my gut instinct was handball before Snodgrass even shot.  If I were West Ham I'd be more annoyed about the goalkeeping situation at the club, Fabianski can't say fit and everybody else on their books seem to be part of some kind of Peter Enckelman tribute 

Isn't any contact between ball and hand now deemed handball by VAR under the new rules this season?

Just watched it. Can't see why they're up in arms about it. Intentional or not he used his hand to control the ball. Without it Rice would've lost the ball and the chance would never have been created.

Good result for us, keeps them down there, they feel hard done by and they have a dodgy keeper :)

I’d be fuming if we had a goal disallowed for that. Really disagree with this new interpretation of the rule. Yes the bell hit his hand but he couldn’t have got it out of the way and if it had happened in his own penalty area I don’t think VAR would’ve given a penalty.

Snodgrass loves that end in added time though!

The law is an ass, it was clearly ball to hand but this is what we signed up for with VAR.   My view is just that I saw the handball before Rice had even passed the ball to Snodgrass so I wasn't surprised when it was given. I might be imagining it but I'm sure that there is a shout from the crowd for handball too, certainly the people sitting on the same side as the TV camera would have seen it.   There would probably have been as much of a shitstorm if the goal had stood and Sheffield United had pointed to the handball in the buildup. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The clarification of the handball law means that's a clear handball.

Contact with the hand that gives an advantage to the attacker is an offence now.

This, and

2 hours ago, chappy said:

I’d be fuming if we had a goal disallowed for that. Really disagree with this new interpretation of the rule. Yes the bell hit his hand but he couldn’t have got it out of the way and if it had happened in his own penalty area I don’t think VAR would’ve given a penalty.

I don't think the rule is the same for defending, so no it wouldn't be a penalty.

4 hours ago, chappy said:

tenor.gif?itemid=14660917

• Haha 2

Said before if rice bundles the ball over the line in that fashion, see also Rodriguez vs us, then fair enough call it handball 

But this with the build up and then the nonsense over phase of play when VVD did it last week is just **** shite, it is unfair 

Â