Pepe Reina

Jareth

The message must be coming from Cutler that he just does not trust Nyland irrespective of a catch at Burnley and some saves at Leicester. Not good enough. Has to be, what a pointless signing otherwise.

Reina must be coming here to start?

Best situation would be Nyland continuing in goal barring a cockup I think. If you bring Reina straight into the side, Nyland's confidence is smashed to bits immediately should we ever need him again. It's clear Smith doesn't rate him.

Edited by Tomaszk

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The message must be coming from Cutler that he just does not trust Nyland irrespective of a catch at Burnley and some saves at Leicester. Not good enough. Has to be, what a pointless signing otherwise.

Reina must be coming here to start?

Best situation would be Nyland continuing in goal barring a cockup I think. If you bring Reina straight into the side, Nyland's confidence is smashed to bits immediately should we ever need him again. It's clear Smith doesn't rate him.

Or that Kalinic can't be trusted as backup, and that's what Reina is coming in for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Or that Kalinic can't be trusted as backup, and that's what Reina is coming in for.

Why would he be interested in sitting on a different bench? Doesn't make sense to me.

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

6 Keepers at the club, not sure what the point of this signing is

If I was Nyland I'd be putting in a transfer request tonight.

The only way I can work it out is if we got another keeper injury we would only have Sarkic. We need some cover. 

I think Reina is a top keeper and we have a young defense. We need some experience in goal. 

No way is Reina coming just sit on the bench, no way we could go into the rest of the season with Nyland as our first choice, he might come good and prove himself, I suspect that he will over time, but we can't chance it based on a couple of games this season, if we hadn't signed another keeper and his form reverted back to that of last season we'd kicking ourselves if it was what ultimately cost us our place in the league. Heaton was brought in because none of Kalanic, Steer, or Nyland were deemed good enough, now he's injured Reina takes his place.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Imagine we'd have sold him in the summer if anyone was interested. Same with Kalinic.

6 is an amusing amount I agree. Bet very few teams have had 6 keepers that have all played senior football at the club at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

With the way Deano operates, Nyland won't be dropped until it's warranted.

Even some of our worst players stay in the team based in showing.

4 minutes ago, Khizzy said:

That's our final loan slot gone, then. At least it'll put the dreams/nightmares of bringing Benteke back to bed once and for all. I don't know where we're going to stump up the funds for two forwards now.

I thought you were allowed 4 loans? (with only 2 from one country)

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I thought you were allowed 4 loans? (with only 2 from one country)

As far as I can see these are the rules:

From here: https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747
- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

So that reads as you can have four in total but only two at one time, so I guess that means you can have two in the first half of the season, they get recalled or club sends them back in Jan and then two more loans come in for the remainder of the season.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Why he starts next season behind a 38 year old Tom Heaton - who won't have played in 7 months.

Â