Pepe Reina

Jareth

I had no doubts about this signing...

Far too much experience in a catalogue of elite competitions playing for some of the best clubs in the game... and now he is here... with us... in a Villa shirt!

Its only 6 months, but the experience and knowledge that he can pass on to our players (including the more experienced ones like Heaton) is worth it’s weight in platinum!

15 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Agreed. Think Reina been a revelation for us.

Really hope we can keep him. His distribution is incredible.

Yeah and he has an excellent bald head, So smooth that licking it would feel like licking a lollipop, just without the fruity flavour. 😋

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Madness that Liverpool let him go all those years ago and replaced him with Mingolet

Not totally their fault. He was lined up for his dream move to Barcelona (his dad’s old team) then Valdez unexpectedly stayed put. Liverpool had already signed Mignolet and Rafa was at Napoli so it made sense for him to go there. Just how it plays out sometimes.

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Not totally their fault. He was lined up for his dream move to Barcelona (his dad’s old team) then Valdez unexpectedly stayed put. Liverpool had already signed Mignolet and Rafa was at Napoli so it made sense for him to go there. Just how it plays out sometimes.

I wonder how that would have worked out for him considering his political views. 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wonder how that would have worked out for him considering his political views. 

I‘m not sure about all this - it’s all based on him liking a couple of tweets from another footballer and saying he supports a united Spain and not an independent Catalonia - that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s voting for the far right (which was what people assumed from his social media)... Anyway no real point getting into it (he could be the next Di Canio for all I know) but I’m just always wary of jumping to assumptions! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

one v Brighton and the two so far today probably confirm he’s pretty much done at the top level other than for his experience and  character

i think I’d opt for Nyland of the 2 based on recent performances 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

one v Brighton and the two so far today probably confirm he’s pretty much done at the top level other than for his experience and  character

i think I’d opt for Nyland of the 2 based on recent performances 

His distribution is first rate but it doesn't matter so much if you're letting in soft goals. 

• Like 1

Â