Tom13

Just now, CVByrne said:

He just needs to get out of Ipswich. Not his fault it's a shambles there. 

Hopefully we can find him a club in League 2 where he will get games.

Absolutely. It sounds like a shitshow over there and I can't see what he's going to really get out of it. 

I don't think he's not getting a game because he's not ready  for League One or not good enough, at most teams in that division he would have played plenty, in fact at some Championship clubs he would have got more game time than he has Ipswich. Be that as it may reader, if we do recall him in January then a League Two side might be the best option, not doing Kesler-Hayden any harm, and playing at a lower level than League Two didn't do Archer any harm.

I still wouldn't rule out him turning it around at Ipswich, their form seems to have picked up recently so they might feel more inclined to use him, whilst they were struggling there could have been an element of them not wanting to use such a young inexperienced player.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NeilS said:

From Football Transfer Tavern

Aston Villa youngster Louie Barry has been out of action for Ipswich Town recently due to a nasty tooth abscess, according to Ashley Preece.

“He’s been out with a nasty tooth abscess, believe it or not. Barry was back in match action for Ipswich’s U23s earlier. Villa will address Barry’s loan in January. He desperately needs a run of games.”

I can't say I have heard of that as a reason for missing a football match. It sounds like he is on his way back to fitness now, so hopefully he will get some game time soon. If not it soynds like We are monitoring the situation and he will be called back in January and found another loan.

Can't believe nobody gave him salt and hot water to rinse his mouth out. Used to sort me right out.

8 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Can't believe nobody gave him salt and hot water to rinse his mouth out. Used to sort me right out.

They are normally treated with anti-biotics and after the swelling goes down treatment at the dentist. 

36 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Paul Cook is not interested in a young player like Barry. No problem. Bring him home. Barry is excellent, we cant waste a season of his development on a manager not interested.

His literally out due to injury atm. He got minutes off the bench to start the season and will likely do so again when fit. 

• Like 1

I don't think the issue is Paul Cook or Louie Barry... just circumstances. Cook is a decent manager and Barry is an excellent prospect, but Cook is in a tough situation and a young lightweight prospect like Barry is the last thing he needs.

Sensible thing for us is probably to bring Barry back and find something more suitable for him.

Ipswich are unbeaten in their last 3 including two wins I think. They're starting to turn a bit of a corner after a rough start to the season.

Before that they'd only played 6 games.

Wish everyone would stop freaking out about it and Louie. He needs to be there for a while. He's barely given it a go yet and we're all calling the club a shit show and a waste of time. Atleast give him until January to try and break in and fight for his place.

15 hours ago, NeilS said:

From Football Transfer Tavern

Aston Villa youngster Louie Barry has been out of action for Ipswich Town recently due to a nasty tooth abscess, according to Ashley Preece.

“He’s been out with a nasty tooth abscess, believe it or not. Barry was back in match action for Ipswich’s U23s earlier. Villa will address Barry’s loan in January. He desperately needs a run of games.”

I can't say I have heard of that as a reason for missing a football match. It sounds like he is on his way back to fitness now, so hopefully he will get some game time soon. If not it sounds like We are monitoring the situation and he will be called back in January and found another loan.

Too much time applying whitener and not enough time brushing them I'll warrant. Look after your teeth and they'll last you a lifetime young man😁😁

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Just now, ciggiesnbeer said:

Now playing in Ipswich's U23's so his loan has been a demotion , what an utterly pointless loan. Get him home asap. We cant be wasting this kid on fools like Paul Cook.

Is this even allowed? Hope our team is going to kick someone's arse over this. he could have easily stayed here and got more game time.

• Like 1

As far I know, we're allowed to call him back if both teams agree to it but he won't be allowed to play for the first team until January, I think he'd be allowed to play for our U23s though. But unless he himself indicates that he's unhappy then I think we will leave where he is until January.

Edit: I can't find any indication that he played for Ipswich's U23s today, I think that was just a one off last week as he's returning from injury, apparently he's expected to play for their first team tomorrow in the EFL Trophy against Gillingham.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, useless said:

As far I know, we're allowed to call him back if both teams agree to it but he won't be allowed to play for the first team until January, I think he'd be allowed to play for our U23s though. But unless he himself indicates that he's unhappy then I think we will leave where he is until January.

Edit: I can't find any indication that he played for Ipswich's U23s today, I think that was just a one off last week as he's returning from injury, apparently he's expected to play for their first team tomorrow in the EFL Trophy against Gillingham.

Yeah it was last weeks I was referring to.  Playing in the EFL Trophy is a start, I guess. he has been there 2 months and played 64 minutes. I really am not impressed with Paul Cook.

He is so disrespectful to his own players, not just throwing them under the bus when they lose (which he does regularly) but also refusing to shake his own players hands or speak to them as they come off the pitch  but shaking the hands of all the opposition players congratulating them on their win. 

He currently has one of the most expensive squads in the league (plus the unused Louie Barry) sitting in 19th place in League One after 10 games.

We need to get our player the hell away from this guy, he is just wasting our players time. He obviously doesn't want him or has bigger problems to worry about. Fine, bring Barry home.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, peterw said:

It's highly likely that he played for Ipswich u-23 to get some minutes under his belt after being out. 

No no, have you not read this thread? It's obvious that Ipswich are just purposefully ruining our prospect.

• Like 1

Â