Tom13

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In an article where they've got his price wrong, attributed Purslow's quote of Chukweumkah to Barry instead and said he's scored three and assisted three in his first three U23 games (1 goal and no assists so far)?

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I'm surprised they spelt his name right.

He defo scored more then 1 and assisted more then one as there is footage of him 😂

Barry has only made two appearances for our academy sides, one for the U23s where he got a goal in a 3-1 defeat to Reading, and his other appearance was for the U18s in which he scored two goals in a 3-3 draw with Norwich. The U18 game was his debut and was presumably just to get him some match fitness, don't think he will be playing many more games at U18 level from now on.

Edited by useless
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Throw him in! Can't be any worse than Trez. I'm sure he'd relish it.

i dont think they even play the same position

I feel so bad for Barry, Villa fans have so much expectations he cant live up to ever

i

• Like 2

Some rumours in the paper today he could be involved against Liverpool. Wonder if DS has tipped them off the record he'll be in the squad.

I suppose in the circumstances it wouldn't do any harm to give him 10-20 minutes if the game is out of reach.

I don’t think we’d lose anything by having him on bench. Vassiliv for example helped us winning our last game. 
We need different attacking weapons. When we played Newcastle for example we had the attack at the end of the game. Those times are where we need new things. Having Barry or Vassiliv or whoever might add things instead of our usual subs.

• Like 1

They looked pissed up or hungover against Man City. Might be an ideal game to play him.

For the record, I'm sure they will be back on it against us.

Been saying this for weeks, it won't hurt him at all to get fifteen to twenty minutes.

We are seriously lacking any urgency on the pitch and ive thought for awhile someone like Barry or Vassilev could give us that aspect.

• Like 1

Cos despite being very good kids, they are still kids. And it's super rare they are good enough to play in the league. Look at Liverpool and how highly rated theirs are and we bashed them with our b team. 

I am of the opinion though that in the modern game if you're not established in the first team at 19/20 though you probably aren't going to make it at the top level. Look at Alli, Barkley etc they are good players, not world beaters but were established in the prem at 19. Greenwood looks good at 18. If someone's 22 and still 'young' they're probably just not that great. They have also been intensively trained in one thing (playing football) since about 6 years old. If they haven't picked in up in 15 years I doubt at 26 it's all going to click. 

Â