Jump to content
StefanAVFC

Danny Drinkwater

Recommended Posts

To be fair hes not fit, should be bringing him on as a sub for the next 5+ games to get him up to speed.

Starting drinkwater when not fit and way behind the pace is entirely on deano for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sne said:

4.77 rating on Whoscored :D 

No one is even close to that bad

I have no idea how they calculate their ratings but he was levels ahead of Hourihane, as an example, who I don’t think touched the ball. Don’t get me wrong, still outclassed as everyone was, I’m not here saying he played well. But I thought better than the rest of the CM apart from the awful error for the second. Oh although I did love that one run from Douglas Luiz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He wasn't great but he wasn't even our worst midfielder, let alone worst player on the pitch. 

Lots of rubbish in here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was an absolutely atrocious decision to bring in a player who's played once all season, and start him against Man City. He was nowhere near match fit, and has hardly even trained with our team.

He wasn't good today, but frankly, it's another example of Smith's piss poor management. 

I didn't support bringing Drinkwater in, I don't like him much at all, but he was set up for failure today, and that's entirely on the manager.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

To be fair hes not fit, should be bringing him on as a sub for the next 5+ games to get him up to speed.

Starting drinkwater when not fit and way behind the pace is entirely on deano for me.

Got 70mins under his belt, well on his way to match fitness 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine not playing in 2 years then put in against Man City for a debut in a struggling side. Baffling decision imo

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor management from Smith. He has hung the lad out to dry on his debut. 

Edited by deeps
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It was an absolutely atrocious decision to bring in a player who's played once all season, and start him against Man City. He was nowhere near match fit, and has hardly even trained with our team.

He wasn't good today, but frankly, it's another example of Smith's piss poor management. 

I didn't support bringing Drinkwater in, I don't like him much at all, but he was set up for failure today, and that's entirely on the manager.

But on the other hand we may have weighed up the benefit of giving him some game time in a game we weren't likely to win to help get him up to speed.  Obviously it turned into a nightmare for him but he wasnt alone today.  He has a week to work hard in training on the back of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

But on the other hand we may have weighed up the benefit of giving him some game time in a game we weren't likely to win to help get him up to speed.  Obviously it turned into a nightmare for him but he wasnt alone today.  He has a week to work hard in training on the back of this.

That was the only thing I could think of, that he used this match to rest key players and get others up to speed. It’s not something I would expect of Smith but the line up was odd today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't fathom why we signed him. He was always likely to be way off the required level for quite some time, if not for the remainder of the season. It honestly reeks of 'he and Smith play golf together sometimes', or 'we really need to do a favour for his agent' or something similar. He's the kind of signing that Harry Redknapp would make. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First ten minutes or so he was tidy with the ball when everyone else was passing it straight to city. Went downhill, but the blame is on Smith for starting him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked good for about 10 minutes. Then it all went to shit. Poor man management by Smit. 

Edited by Skruff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it indicates a lot to me what the manager thinks of his current midfield. Really think Deano was clutching at straws here , not fair on the player.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should have been brought on after the break for fresh legs, playing him the full game will do no good for his fitness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â