Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

Said in the match thread a couple of times I think when we have possession his movement to make himself available for a pass is really good, maybe the best in our midfield so I think I can see what Smith sees in him, we don't panic and launch it long as much when Drinkwater puts himself in space and shows for a 5 yard pass

That said everything else he does, on the ball, off the ball when the opponent has it, general fitness, is absolute dog shit 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Said in the match thread a couple of times I think when we have possession his movement to make himself available for a pass is really good, maybe the best in our midfield so I think I can see what Smith sees in him, we don't panic and launch it long as much when Drinkwater puts himself in space and shows for a 5 yard pass

That said everything else he does, on the ball, off the ball when the opponent has it, general fitness, is absolute dog shit 

He was exhausted after 20 minutes. ......I am fitter at 68 years old......And quicker......

Regards,

VLD.

He didn’t play too badly for the first 30 mins or so. Made a few good interceptions, had good movement off the ball and played some decent balls forward. There’s a quality player in there being let down by a terrible lack of match fitness. After the break, he had nothing, and Nakamba was an immediate and significant improvement. 

Â