Match Thread: FAC3 Fulham v Villa

limpid

Just now, screwdriver said:

this is the future should we ever sell grealish....i.e. a bleak hell

Said it for months and people better realize it.

Without Jack we would finish mid table in the Championship with this team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Why did Smith revert back to this formation that does not work?

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over expecting a different result. Yes i am suggesting Smith has gone insane!

It is probably based on the player he wants to use. Meaning he want to give all the three CBs from our last match a rest.

• Like 2

Jota, Lansbury and Nakamba are so slow on the ball it's almost mesmerizing.

Everything around them speeds up when they get the ball while they slooooooooow down to a state of what I'm guessing is what bears do when they hibernate.

It doesn't feel like 37% possession - we've moved the ball around a lot, albeit mostly at the back and to my eye I thought we'd had more of it than Fulham.

Our lack of urgency and aggression is showing here - we need some nasty, some determined, some desire.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I was just about to say this.

37% possession against a championship side?

Embarrassing tbh.

We've fielded a championship side given all the changes we have made but still expect a better performance, especially from Hourihane, El Ghazi and Lansbury who are all close to the first team.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Thanks 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Will get slated Jimmy will but how is he supposed to press on his own. All I hear from the sideline is 'Go on Jimmy' whilst Jota and AEG pick their arses.

At least he is making runs and trying to make things happen.

An in form Kodjia would massively boost our survival chances. But i don't think he will ever get back to the old Kodjia.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Very unimpressed with both, I hope Ramsay gets some action in the second half.

I'd be unimpressed if we hadn't seen them do this many times before. Par for the course, unfortunately. 

Nakamba is giving the ball away too easy. Maybe give him a rest in a couple of matches. Even though I have not been impressed with Lansbury, I would try him in the Nakamba role.

Edited by DeepDish

10 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

AEG should have put that away

He's getting to used to missing close rangers.

Basically sums our frontline up, we have no knives edge, we just are not sharp enough.

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

As an advert for why we need additional players across our front line, this has been excellent.

We need to replace these three over the next few days

Corrected

• Haha 1

Just now, DeepDish said:

Nakamba is giving the ball away too easy. Maybe gibe him a rest in a couple of matches. Even though I have not been impressed with Lansbury, I would try him in the Nakamba role.

Or we could just play with ten men, same result.