Ratings & Reactions: FAC3 Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/20 at 23:59

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

You saw the team we put out, right? 

We clearly wasn't bothered about that game, and rightly so.

I mean, there were still quite a few of our current first teamers in there. Nyland, Kodjia, Nakamba, Taylor(dependent on Targett's injury). And its not like there's a massive difference between our first team and our second team atm barring Grealish.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, spiezels said:

Completely ignoring what life was like last time under smith in the Championship?

10 game winning streak, pathetic stuff like that? 

No Jack, no win streak, I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Who gave Kodjia MOTM?! Why so many of you?! He was his usual lazy, selfish, devoid of vision self. One cleverish lob over the keeper does not make a MOTM award, even if there was incredibly little quality throughout the squad. The minimum you require for MOTM is effort!!

So what you're saying is no one gets the MOTM then because I didn't really see any effort from the entire team there. 

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

I mean, there were still quite a few of our current first teamers in there. Nyland, Kodjia, Nakamba, Taylor(dependent on Targett's injury). And its not like there's a massive difference between our first team and our second team atm barring Grealish.

Quite, though, combine some of these players with Heaton, Grealish, Mings, McGinn, Luiz and Wesley then it's a different game. But they're either injured or being rested 'cos we can't afford anymore injuries. It is what it is. Put average players with average players then you're going to be a bit shit. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Shame we couldn’t give them a better game, but Smith made the right calls.

Harry Arter giving it the big un at the end, who is he trying to kid? Little rat.

Nyland again putting in an assured performance that makes him stepping in for Heaton seem like less of a disaster. Not sure either of those shots are being saved by Heaton, and he made some good stops besides that.

Kodj finished well but was also permanently offside.

Everyone else shite, but let’s forget about it and focus on next few games.

That is all well and good and I am not suggesting we dwell on things, but That game must tell Dean things about how to improve and where.....I hope he takes it all in and signs the right players in the Jan Window.

I hope its Loans with an option to buy, it lowers the odds of being stuck with players not helping us and losing money on them.

I barely watched the first half and fell asleep for the entirety of the second half.

The one thing that bothers me is seems like whenever we have got a win this season there has been a break in the fixtures whether for the FA Cup, League Cup or International fixtures, makes it difficult to put any sort of run of momentum going.

Glad we are out.

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

It's a shame its come to this with the domestic cups, used to prefer them to league games growing up. It seems that most clubs dont want to be in them anymore. We've stumbled our way into the semis of the league cup, just playing our reserve team.

Same, used to love FA Cup saturday when I was younger. 

Shame the cups are treated with disdain nowadays.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Quite, though, combine some of these players with Heaton, Grealish, Mings, McGinn, Luiz and Wesley then it's a different game. But they're either injured or being rested 'cos we can't afford anymore injuries. It is what it is. Put average players with average players then you're going to be a bit shit. 

Yeah but we're not gonna have Heaton, Wesley and Mcginn available to us for a long ime and I don't really rate Luiz as good as some others do on here. Mings is the only I see making a considerable improvement I guess but he's also prone to making mistakes that on a bad day could and have cost us matches.

The point is, right now the team we fielded there isn't very far from the strongest first team we could actually field at the moment. Also, I don't think Fulham fielded their strongest team either, or is Mitrovic hurt?

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Had he fielded the u23s I could accept the performance (don't care about the score). But he fielded a relatively strong side and they showed all the fight and determination of a sleeping kitten.

That team is more than talented enough to be winning this but the manager set them up poorly and seems incapable of inspiring anything fear and negativity in his players.  Completely devoid of any tactical nowse and completely incapable of affecting a game during the 90 minutes.  Sick of it.

Happy with no replay and to be honest happy we will get some weekends off. Need a good Jan window to help fry the bigger fish. Looked every inch  thrown together reserve side. Nyland showed some quality to be fair and Jota had some good touches.

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Same, used to love FA Cup saturday when I was younger. 

Shame the cups are treated with disdain nowadays.

Think the FA Cup suffers particularly because of timing. top flight teams join in January when the relegation/promotion issues are starting to get tight and injuries are kicking in, accompanied by fear of future injuries. No surprise that top teams put out their U23 sides. Wish we had really, they might have shown a bit more fight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Yeah but we're not gonna have Heaton, Wesley and Mcginn available to us for a long ime and I don't really rate Luiz as good as some others do on here. Mings is the only I see making a considerable improvement I guess but he's also prone to making mistakes that on a bad day could and have cost us the match.

The point is, right now the team we fielded there isn't very far from the strongest first team we could actually considerably field at the moment. Also, I don't think Fulham fielded their strongest team either, or is Mitrovic hurt?

Nah I think they rested Mitrovic. Yeah we've got injuries which is why it's absolutely crucial that we...

a) Don't get any more injuries to crucial players who can make a difference

b) Add to the squad this window as our squad is incredibly low on quality right now due to injuries

I think I must just feel like our squad is shitter than others 'cos the team we out out today was of Championship standard, and with our current injury list it's close to our first team. 

We need more players fast.

Â