Ratings & Reactions: FAC3 Fulham v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/20 at 23:59

Shame we couldn’t give them a better game, but Smith made the right calls.

Harry Arter giving it the big un at the end, who is he trying to kid? Little rat.

Nyland again putting in an assured performance that makes him stepping in for Heaton seem like less of a disaster. Not sure either of those shots are being saved by Heaton, and he made some good stops besides that.

Kodj finished well but was also permanently offside.

Everyone else shite, but let’s forget about it and focus on next few games.

• Like 1

I’d love to see us win the FA Cup but I’m not even slightly bothered with the semi final coming up and our current injury issues.

Flat performance with generally our reserves/fringe players against a few of Fulham’s first choice players.

Nyland had no chance with either goal and did as well as he could. Good to see Chester play 90. We’ll win FA Cup in 2021 instead.

Who gave Kodjia MOTM?! Why so many of you?! He was his usual lazy, selfish, devoid of vision self. One cleverish lob over the keeper does not make a MOTM award, even if there was incredibly little quality throughout the squad. The minimum you require for MOTM is effort!!

• Like 4

Was deflating when the commentator said, "Just seems like Fulham wants this more." Games shows we really have little depth. Lansbury, Jota, Nakamba not good enough. A lot of the others can't really do it without the likes of Grealish or Mings.

As much as I don’t care and it’s good for us that we’re out, it’s still a poor performance. So many of our squad, the likes of Lansbury, Hourihane, Jota etc. are so far off being Premier League players.

Not all that disappointed but it shows how crap our squad is.

• Like 4

It's a shame its come to this with the domestic cups, used to prefer them to league games growing up. It seems that most clubs dont want to be in them anymore. We've stumbled our way into the semis of the league cup, just playing our reserve team. Would never have been able to do that years ago.

Look at Brighton, out of both cups in early rounds to us and Wednesday. They wont care, questions wont be asked of their manager. The league is the be all and end all.

Youd like something to be done about it, but cant see it changing sadly.

• Like 1

Dire stuff. Lack of quality, no commitment, poor tactics. Beaten by two good goals, but that covered up the cracks.

Nyland made a good save or two, but played a complete hospital pass to Nakamba after 5 minutes.

Taylor was Taylor. Crap. Centre-halves were alright. Elmo was fine, better than Taylor but didn't do much.

Midfield was anonymous. AEG was poor. Nakamba did a thing or two. Lansbury and Hourhane didn't exactly light up the world.

Kodjia made a few good runs and basically got the goal, but was otherwise trash. Lazy, disinterested performance.

Smith's hesitation in making subs after 60 mins or so was, I think, a mistake. Hopefully this match scares Smith out of trying 4-3-3 again, and reminds the Board about our lack of quality.

Of course it doesn't really matter, was a bit of a nothing game, with a much changed team, blah blah, but it still feels disappointing. The priority is the league, but why can't we pass and keep hold of the ball for more than two passes in any game? Yet again, a lesser team have looked better than us. We have so little quality in our wider squad. 

• Like 1

Just now, 1974Centenary said:

I thought smith had learnt his lesson when it comes to 4-3-3,same performance,same result with it.

It’s a totally different side, so what’s your point? That 4-3-3 doesn’t work as a formation? It’s what most teams in the league play. Are we seriously now expecting Smith to never play 4-3-3?

• Like 1

Just now, Elton said:

I’d love to see us win the FA Cup but I’m not even slightly bothered with the semi final coming up and our current injury issues.

Flat performance with generally our reserves/fringe players against a few of Fulham’s first choice players.

Nyland had no chance with either goal and did as well as he could. Good to see Chester play 90. We’ll win FA Cup in 2021 instead.

It's all about risk management. In our situation, with our injuries, it's much better for us to field a stronger team in the League Cup rather than add the additional games that an FA Cup run would bring, including potential replays. 

We simply haven't got the squad to compete in all competitions. We've only got 1 striker who's not very good haha.

• Like 1

We are ridiculously easy to close down. None of our midfielders provide a target for defenders when they have the ball. Lansbury and Hourihane played 30 minutes between them. You really can't do anything if your midfield doesn't turn up. 

Â