VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

1 hour ago, bickster said:

a) Irony alert

b) quite frankly I couldn't give a shit about the football

1) it was half time

2) why bother being an admin on a site dedicated to something you have no interest in

3) WE ARE STOPPING UP I SAID WE ARE STOPPING UP 

4) there’s a party going on upstairs 

Edited by Follyfoot

On 26/07/2020 at 17:21, bickster said:

Another of the imortals gone. Olivia de Haviland at 104

Prince Philip come in your time is up

Only if we can have a transfer window! If not, he can Keep going till next year!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

Malik B from The Roots passed away at 47. Never really listened to them much but a saw them live about 10-15 or so years ago. Years after he left the band.

I would say looking at his films, of the ones I have seen, I have absolutely loved. In Midnight Express, The Commitments and Mississippi Burning, some of my all time favourites. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Great movie. Great songs. I think the lead singer was straight out of acting school when he landed the gig and never really pushed on, but he had a great voice.

Andrew Strong? He went down the music route not acting. Did quite well on the Student Union live circuit for a few years but it was always covers in a similar style to The Commitments. He faded away when he started to write his own material but he's toured with some big names like the Stones, Kravitz and Elton John

Currently in a band called the Bone Yard Boys

Comes from a musical background, his father was a singer too. I'm not sure if he ever went to acting school tbh

The one that really did push on with acting was Bronagh Gallagher, not sure the rest of them ever did

• Thanks 1

Just now, bickster said:

Andrew Strong? He went down the music route not acting. Did quite well on the Student Union live circuit for a few years but it was always covers in a similar style to The Commitments. He faded away when he started to write his own material but he's toured with some big names like the Stones, Kravitz and Elton John

Currently in a band called the Bone Yard Boys

Comes from a musical background, his father was a singer too. I'm not sure if he ever went to acting school tbh

The one that really did push on with acting was Bronagh Gallagher, not sure the rest of them ever did

I could have googled but I'm just a lazy feck :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I all seriousness @bickster I heard Strong was at stage school like a lot of the actors in the movie but maybe that was an urban myth.

Very happy that the horn player boned all the backing singers though. Very true to life ;)

I know Bronagh Gallagher wasn't (She's a friend of a friend), she was just in AM Dram and local bands before her break

• Like 1

After the film I saw The Commitments live, they played Butlins. If I remember it was the horn player that wasnt Joey the lips, it may have been Outspan who was in The Frames, the dark haired vocalist that was in the black velvet band and maybe another guy. Plus sundry musicians. It was good in all honesty. My mind is playing tricks into thinking Andrew Strong was with them but I think thats incorrect. 

I feel I might be wrong on a bit of detail here, particularly the black velvet band. In fact nothing suggests that the fella out of the frames or the lady out of BVB played in that version. 

Edited by Seat68

Â