VillaTalk Deadpool 2020

Xela

An early candidate for the Darwin Award

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51602655

US daredevil pilot has been killed during an attempted launch of a homemade rocket in the Californian desert.

"Mad" Mike Hughes, 64, crash-landed his steam-powered rocket shortly after take-off near Barstow on Saturday.

A video on social media shows a rocket being fired into the sky before plummeting to the ground nearby.

Hughes was well-known for his belief that the Earth was flat. He hoped to prove his theory by going to space.

• Like 2

On 19/02/2020 at 18:08, HanoiVillan said:

That . . . certainly sounds like CTE. Horrific stuff. 

It was a domestic violence case and he had been abusive to his wife for years. She finally got the courage to leave him and took the kids to live at her parents place so he tracked them down while she was on the school run, car jacked their car with a knife, poured petrol over the car and lit it while her and the three kids were in side. He then threatened bystanders with the knife who had come running to help, before stabbing himself to death before the police arrived. 

Head trauma or not, he was some piece of work. 

• Sad 2

On 19/02/2020 at 19:24, maqroll said:

I wasn't asking what it was, but rather, if it is a concern in the Rugby world.

It is but not to the extent you might think.

The rules in rugby mean the head is relatively well protected.

Obviously head injuries still happen. But your explicitly forbidden to tackle with your head, or use your head in anyway really, and you're forbidden for making contact with your opponents head.
The way players tackle is to wrap the opponent and hold onto them. You're not allowed to shoulder barge or block.

Obviously head injuries are inevitable, but they're not as prevalent as you may think. Like Chindie said, it's actually a lot worse in football because of heading balls.

20 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

An early candidate for the Darwin Award

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51602655

The really sad thing about this is even if he'd succeeded in his mission and saw for himself that the earth was round, he would have denied it anyway.

That's how flat earthers work. If they see evidence that proves them wrong, they ignore it or twist it.

So his death is completely in vain to be honest.

34 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It was a domestic violence case and he had been abusive to his wife for years. She finally got the courage to leave him and took the kids to live at her parents place so he tracked them down while she was on the school run, car jacked their car with a knife, poured petrol over the car and lit it while her and the three kids were in side. He then threatened bystanders with the knife who had come running to help, before stabbing himself to death before the police arrived. 

Head trauma or not, he was some piece of work. 

Sure, it absolutely wasn't mean as an excuse. 

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I would say the Darwin award was invented for that bloke and people like him.

He was 64 though so I think Darwin is too late. His cocksnot is probably already out there.

18 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I would say the Darwin award was invented for that bloke and people like him.

How did I miss this? I'm surprised the tinfoil hat brigade aren't out and about talking about how his 'homemade' rocket was obviously sabotaged by the flat Earth deniers appreciation society. 

• Like 1

Â