Domagoj Vida

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I know we’ve gone off the boil goal scoring wise and everyone’s favourite bad guy is Wesley, but we’ve defended badly all season. Up until recently we’ve scored a decent amount of goals as a team, even if out striker needs improving. It’s defending that we don’t do well as a team or individually. Mings has been a miss recently and hopefully he’s back soon, but another commanding figure with a bit of bite wouldn’t do any harm. Anyway if we sign him that doesn’t mean we won’t strengthen other areas. 

hallelujah......

despite our faults up front and yes, a good team defends from the front, defending is our priority everywhere in the team.

9 hours ago, slovenian said:

he is that useless player nobody really likes... like robbie savage

A nasty sod like Robbie Savage is exactly what we have been missing. 

The only reasons we would bring in Vida is if Mings and Engels have injuries that might drag on through the rest of the season, or if Konza or Hause are off out on loan.

I don't think the latter is happening, they seem fine, its the way the unit operates as a whole and not the actual personnel. If its the former and Engels did look super leggy last outing, we still have Chester. Depends what feedback Chester gave them after the Liverpool game, if he's not up to it then a seasoned pro like Vida might come in.

I'd be more inclined to find a better LB and DM if available.

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Apparently when Graham Souness was managing Blackburn, I think it was, Savage said to him that he (Savage) was twice the midfielder that Souness ever was. Souness replied, fair enough come and see me after the game and we can chat about it. You bring your medals and I’ll bring mine. Savage, obviously didn’t show. 

Off topic sorry, but any excuse to have a dig at that spineless excuse for a human. 

It’s a great story:

Newcastle United's 2-2 draw with Birmingham City at St Andrews on Sunday ended with the visiting manager, Graeme Souness, trading insults in the tunnel with the hosts' midfielder, Robbie Savage.

It began when Souness overheard Savage chuntering on about what a "**** team Newcastle are". Souness interrupted Savage with the words: "Hey, Robbie, you would know all about **** teams."

Never one to shy away from a debate, the Welshman responded: "You were only fifth-choice for the Newcastle job." The verbal ping-pong intensified. Souness replied sarcastically: "Oh, yeah, Robbie you are such a good player." Savage, formerly of Leicester City and Crewe Alexandra, countered: "I'm a better player than you were."

Drawing on the memory of three European Cups with Liverpool, Souness retorted: "You have the trophies and medals to back that up, do you Robbie? Sorry, what clubs have you played for? Yeah, thinking about it Robbie, you really are a top player."

The argument continued into Birmingham's dressing room before peace prevailed.

from https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/2387890/Savage-sparks-Souness-squabble.html

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Thanks for posting that and putting more accuracy to the story. It just goes to show what a total idiot Savage is. 

I heard him on the radio a few years ago when he was getting towards the end of playing for Derby. He was banging on about his new “media career”. It was embarrassing except the fact that the BBC were and are stupid enough to employ him, because in their heads he is a bit of a maverick because he can’t speak properly and has got long hair. Anyway this old boy phoned in and told him what a rubbish player he was and couldn’t kick a ball straight for more than 5 yards. Savage lost it and was saying he had no right to say what he did and he’d disrespected him. The old Derby fan just laughed and said something like he was quite happy to pop round and tell him to his face. Radio gold! 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 1

So player threads used to be for actual players or very close to signing and now the slightest whiff of a rumour is enough and then descends into discussion about Souness and the Afghan hound. Load of rubbish

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

So player threads used to be for actual players or very close to signing and now the slightest whiff of a rumour is enough and then descends into discussion about Souness and the Afghan hound. Load of rubbish

You've been proper wound up about these player threads since Piatek haven't you mate? 🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I must confess the link is a little tenuous. However I have heard that Savage has the same number of legs as Vida. Although obviously not the same number of fingers. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You've been proper wound up about these player threads since Piatek haven't you mate? 🤣

Yeah it's bullshit. Used to be exciting to check on here see who we'd signed because people would do Speculation - [Player Name] and now no one bothers and just a shitty miniature tag underneath. I legit thought Piatek was a done deal when first saw the thread and now has been locked

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Sad 1

Â