Domagoj Vida

alreadyexists

11 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Is this signing intended to allow us to play 3 CBs & then proper wing backs in front of them?

It's not a bad call. 

Vida - Engels - Ming's

Would also allow for 2 up top. 

Should have signed Cahill when we had the chance, no way would our defence be in this mess now if he was here. A leader and a winner on a bloody free transfer!

Hope Vida can be that man (if we sign him of course).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Just need to find 2 players who can play up top.

Indeed, though Wesley, Davis and 1 new CF would probably suffice given that the alternative is finding 2 new wingers as the ones we have aren't very good. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

It's not a bad call. 

Vida - Engels - Ming's

Would also allow for 2 up top. 

Can't see it happening under the current manager.

If this happens it would be Vida and Mings and then Vida and Engels if there's another injury.

Hause kept as back up and wouldn't surprise me if we loaned Konsa back to the championship for a bit.

6 hours ago, M_Afro said:

He seems a bit of a character with a somewhat chequered past! From the little I have read though he also seems well liked and to be a calm and relaxed leader. We certainly need more characters of that ilk.

I am surprised we are going for another CH though. I think we are ok in this position. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Kalinic was Croatia's backup keeper in the World Cup. Vida has been in Croatia's starting XI for years. Not a fair comparison.

I'm not convinced he's the answer to our problems, to be honest, or even that this story has any basis in fact. But £5m is pennies in the current market, so not the end of the world if we do sign him.

At some point, we need to get over the whole ‘it’s only 5-10m so it’s pennies’ and actually sign some decent players though. 

Im all for signing cheap players but it’s completely counter productive signing players for low fees if they aren’t good enough. 

Unsure on this one. We don’t need another centre half but if he’s better than what we have, so be it. 

53 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

At some point, we need to get over the whole ‘it’s only 5-10m so it’s pennies’ and actually sign some decent players though. 

Im all for signing cheap players but it’s completely counter productive signing players for low fees if they aren’t good enough. 

Unsure on this one. We don’t need another centre half but if he’s better than what we have, so be it. 

I suspect we will sell Chester and probably put Hause out on loan so maybe self financing?

Â