Domagoj Vida

alreadyexists

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Even though they got to the final! Wow tough crowd. 

and scored in extra time in the quarter final...and a pen in the shootout of the same tie

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

79 caps and a current starter for the 6th best International team in the world (according to FIFA rankings). 

I think he would be an improvement on what we currently have. 

Doesn't mean much. Kalinic started for them, and defense is Croatia's biggest issue. I'd still take him, but I don't think he is good enough to be a starter for us at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

Looking at the YouTube that @lexicon posted, he looks left footed and that's made me wonder if Mings is more injured than we've been told or does this mean we'll look to move Hause to left back to cover Targett?

Either way, we need leaders and this bloke fits that mould so let's hope we have an equivalent striker coming in with him...

Mate as I responded to somebody in the thread with the same suspicion, this guy has actually been linked way before Mings was injured.

• Like 1

Didn't realise he was left-footed, in that case I doubt that there's any truth to this as he wouldn't be coming to sit on our bench, and most places are reporting that Mings could be back for Burnley, even Dean Smith himself has said as much, so I don't think he's going to be out for much longer. If we're to sign another defender it will be someone to play alongside Mings.

I'd be happy with Vida, he is aggressive and likes a sliding tackle, throws himself about, has experience and seems to be a good defender. I would prefer someone with PL experience or a solid CB from the Championship, but if Vida is the one we can get, it seems good. I think Hause is a liability and whether Mings will be back shortly or not we need cover for the left CB position.

Date of birth: Apr 29, 1989
Place of birth: Osijek  Jugoslawien (SFR)
Height: 1,84 m
Citizenship: Croatia  Croatia
Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: right
Player agent: GPA Turkey
Current club: Besiktas JK Besiktas JK
Contract expires: 30.06.2022
Outfitter:

Nike

Main position :
Centre-Back
Other position:
Right-Back

https://www.transfermarkt.com/domagoj-vida/profil/spieler/46083

Why do people keep repeating the same wrong info?

38 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Doesn't mean much. Kalinic started for them, and defense is Croatia's biggest issue. I'd still take him, but I don't think he is good enough to be a starter for us at the moment. 

Kalinic was Croatia's backup keeper in the World Cup. Vida has been in Croatia's starting XI for years. Not a fair comparison.

I'm not convinced he's the answer to our problems, to be honest, or even that this story has any basis in fact. But £5m is pennies in the current market, so not the end of the world if we do sign him.

He’s right footed

And from what I’ve seen of him (admittedly not a great deal) he’s at least the equal of Engels with more pace (wouldn’t take much) and a bit of a clearing in the woods which wouldn’t go a miss.

works for us now, works for us if we stay up, works for us if we go down.

sensible all round IMO

I was sure that I remembered him playing on the right hand side of defence for Croatia but then watched a video and he was playing on the left using his left foot, but having watched a few more videos in those he's playing on the right using his right foot, so I guess he can play on either side and use both feet. in that case would be a good signing, not only is he a good defender but also has the kind of character that would lift the other players. But I don't think he alone would fix our defensive issues, for that I think we need a top quality defensive midfielder, Mendy from Leicester is likely to be available for a cut price as his contract runs out in six months, I'd be going all out to sign him.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

I was sure that I remembered him playing on the right hand side of defence for Croatia but then watched a video and he was playing on the left using his left foot, but having watched a few more videos in those he's playing on the right using his right foot, so I guess he can play on either side and use both feet. in that case would be a good signing, not only is he a good defender but also has the kind of character that would lift the other players. But I don't think he alone would fix our defensive issues, for that I think we need a top quality defensive midfielder, Mendy from Leicester is likely to be available for a cut price as his contract runs out in six months, I'd be going all out to sign him.

Mendy is a good shout

• Like 1

Â