Domagoj Vida

alreadyexists

He seems a bit of a character with a somewhat chequered past! From the little I have read though he also seems well liked and to be a calm and relaxed leader. We certainly need more characters of that ilk.

I am surprised we are going for another CH though. I think we are ok in this position. 

I remember him getting linked with Wolves last summer for £30m, only seen him at the World Cup but I thought he looked a good player, we certainly need to fix our defence somehow, leaking way too many goals.

If the rumours of our financial situation are true then the last thing we need is a centre half.

I'd also wager our defensive problems are because of our weak midfield and poor ball retention.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why oh why are we buying more defenders when we need a striker, two wingers and a central midfielder. 

I've got some ITK saying that they won't be buying any wingers, strikers or central midfielders, just to piss you off.

Or maybe the board just don't know we need them.

Who knows?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We need a striker, but only two teams Norwich and Southampton have conceded more goals than us and only six teams have scored more goals than us, so that should tell us something and it's not just because Mings is out injured either as we were letting in too many goals when he was playing. And if we only have a small amount of money to spend it would probably make sense to spend it fixing positions that's not going to need a lot of money, and using the loan market for our attackers.

• Like 1

I don't think CB is a necessity at all. Engels and Mings were excellent prior to Engels getting injured. We conceded goals, but this was due to lack of quality in other areas - namely left-back and DM.

Wouldn't complain, but Mings and Engels are good enough - I really have no doubt about that. Maybe fitness issues there who knows, but please prioritise a left-back who can defend and a striker who runs in the general direction of the goal when off-the-ball.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

I don't think CB is a necessity at all. Engels and Mings were excellent prior to Engels getting injured. We conceded goals, but this was due to lack of quality in other areas - namely left-back and DM.

Wouldn't complain, but Mings and Engels are good enough - I really have no doubt about that. Maybe fitness issues there who knows, but please prioritise a left-back who can defend and a striker who runs in the general direction of the goal when off-the-ball.

You've pretty much summed up why it is a good idea to get cover in bold.

What happens if others get injured?

I think people underestimate the thinness of our quality in depth. These things make or break sides at this level.

I would rather have too much, than not enough.

• Like 2

Looking at the YouTube that @lexicon posted, he looks left footed and that's made me wonder if Mings is more injured than we've been told or does this mean we'll look to move Hause to left back to cover Targett?

Either way, we need leaders and this bloke fits that mould so let's hope we have an equivalent striker coming in with him...

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

He is a crazy player. Absolute warrior on the pitch, but he isn't that great. He'd at least be a good player to have in the championship, and he can play right back too. 6 million seems a bit too much though. 

79 caps and a current starter for the 6th best International team in the world (according to FIFA rankings). 

I think he would be an improvement on what we currently have. 

Â