195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

1 hour ago, GodsBarkeep said:

It's that time of year isn't it mate.

lots of disappointment caused by unrealistic expectations

Fortunately the schools start back soon.

So you were expecting to be relegated after a spend of £140 million? You should have contacted the board and told them to save their money as we obviously had no chance of survival.......

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

So you’d rather go down and lose Grealish, mings and mcginn than stay up with Sam - erm ok 🤔

staying in the premiership should be the top priority for this club who ever is in charge -relegation would be a disaster .

Depends on the owners

The worst thing that can happen to us is we spend 5 years being the shit that won't flush again putting a strain on their interest before they eventually give up

We've been there before 

The likes of allardyce will take us there again, selling our soul for PL money won't do us any favours long term 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Fat Sam in, buys 2 or 3 players in Jan, we play shit football but we stay up, buys 3 or 4 players in the summer, we play shit football but we stay up, we sign more players... We sack him...

We are back to where we were under Lerner 

He's in the same boat as Bruce, I would rather go down under Smith than stay up with fat Sam

He's pure short term PL is the be all and end all, glass ceiling, shite manager that plagues English football

Would you rather spend 10-15 years in the Championship?

The reality is we will most likely lose Jack, McGinn and Mings if we go down.

Then our squad really is piss poor and can't see us getting promoted for a long, long time. Maybe as long as 2 decades.

• Confused 1

I'd rather lose Grealish, McGinn and Mings and stay in the premier league, than keep those player in the championship, the club doing well should be more important than any player or manager. All this talk of relegation being okay is absurd, could you imagine Everton, Newcastle or West Ham fans being so accepting of relegation, we've just spent three years outside the top flight we don't want to go back.

• Like 3

Just now, villalad21 said:

Would you rather spend 10-15 years in the Championship?

The reality is we will most likely lose Jack, McGinn and Mings if we go down.

Then our squad really is piss poor and can't see us getting promoted for a long, long time. Maybe as long as 2 decades.

Took us 3 years last time... 

Would you rather spend 5 years of finishing 17th - 15th in the PL sacking Sam, getting someone else in, sacking him, buying 20 odd players, then getting relegated?? 

I obviously don't want to get relegated at all but fat Sam is a different path to the same result, one that imo is even more painful, if you think fat Sam is the answer to us staying up, becoming an established PL team then maybe even pushing on for trophies and EL then that's up to you but I don't see anything beyond stay up and sack him eventually, in 2 years time we would be in the same boat but with some more ropey signings thrown in 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Would you rather spend 5 years of finishing 17th - 15th in the PL sacking Sam, getting someone else in, sacking him, buying 20 odd players, then getting relegated?? 

I obviously don't want to get relegated at all but fat Sam is a different path to the same result, one that imo is even more painful, if you think fat Sam is the answer to us staying up, becoming an established PL team then maybe even pushing on for trophies and EL then that's up to you but I don't see anything beyond stay up and sack him eventually, in 2 years time we would be in the same boat but with some more ropey signings thrown in 

West Ham and Everton has not been relegated after he left them. And i sure as hell can't see them getting relegated anytime soon, no way.

You would rather get relegated than getting a quick fix and stabilize our club? You want to lose all our star players and lose out on all that money?

Are you even a Villa fan?

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I don’t think anyone is seeing Sam as a long term option but more for short term - if we stayed up he’d obviously be given a huge bonus for doing so and enhance his reputation . 
similar to what moyes did at West Ham last time around - Sam certainly is not a long term option 

Just now, Eastie said:

I don’t think anyone is seeing Sam as a long term option but more for short term - if we stayed up he’d obviously be given a huge bonus for doing so and enhance his reputation . 
similar to what moyes did at West Ham last time around - Sam certainly is not a long term option 

That's my problem and my point 

I honestly think staying with smith even if it meant relegation and coming back up a year later is a better option than allardyce and staying up this season 

That's not pro Smith or suggesting that Smith is the right answer but i'm very anti allardyce and know that he is definitely the wrong answer 

20 minutes ago, Eastie said:

So you’d rather go down and lose Grealish, mings and mcginn than stay up with Sam - erm ok 🤔

staying in the premiership should be the top priority for this club who ever is in charge -relegation would be a disaster .

But that is based on your assumption that we’ll get relegated under Smith which is a big assumption and additionally that we’ll stay up under Sam, another big assumption.  I’ll stick with Smith, thanks.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But that is based on your assumption that we’ll get relegated under Smith which is a big assumption and additionally that we’ll stay up under Sam, another big assumption.  I’ll stick with Smith, thanks.

I don’t think we will stay up under smith and nor do I think we would go up next season under smith either .

last seasons team had Abraham , tuanzebe, mings Grealish and mcginn - a Villa team under smith in the championship next season would have none of those 5 players and plenty of dross .

For me smith has been found out and I see nothing to suggest he can adapt or is even willing to adapt his style 

Edited by Eastie

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

West Ham and Everton has not been relegated after he left them. And i sure as hell can't see them getting relegated anytime soon, no way.

You would rather get relegated than getting a quick fix and stabilize our club? You want to lose all our star players and lose out on all that money?

Are you even a fan villa? 

Did you not learn a thing the last time we were here? 

And then west ham and Everton are a mess years after he left, that's what I'm saying! You think our star players would stay when we're 16th and sacking a manager again in 5 years time? 

Sam and his ilk are not a quick fix

Honestly, I know some here like to accuse us who want Smith out as being entitled fans who just want instant gratification, but really I think its the opposite. I think its the other side who are so sold on the dream on potential long term success that they are willing to sacrifice almost everything else just to stick to the plan, and that being bottom half of the PL in the short term isn't even good enough, we should be risking everything for long-term success.

Which is weird cos at the end of the day, finishing 15th-17th in the PL is a better springboard to future success than getting relegated with Smith. I'm sorry but pretty much the only reason I can think of why you'd think going down with Smith maybe be better is through faith in Dean Smith, but to be frank I really do not share that faith. I am more confident that we'll stay down for a couple of seasons with Smith there than I am of Smith keeping us up this season. Let me remind yall what we have been watching the last 3 weeks, there is no way a squad performing like that in its curren state iis capable of avoiding relegation, we are quite comfortably the worst team in the league even if the points don't show it. Its not even debatable imo, yet you think Smith can somehow turn it all around?.You think we'll somehow easily get back up to the PL stronger with all our best players gone, owners who are going to be more pragmatic and a manager who's shown he couldn't cut it in the PL the first time? Seems like blind faith to me.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Honestly, I know some here like to accuse us who want Smith out as being entitled fans who just want instant gratification, but really I think its the opposite. I think its the other side who are so sold on the dream on potential long term success that they are willing to sacrifice almost everything else just to stick to the plan, and that being bottom half of the PL in the short term isn't even good enough, we should be risking everything for long-term success.

Which is weird cos at the end of the day, finishing 15th-17th in the PL is a better springboard to future success than getting relegated with Smith. I'm sorry but pretty much the only reason I can think of why you'd think going down with Smith maybe be better is through faith in Dean Smith, but to be frank I really do not share that faith. I am more confident that we'll stay down for a couple of seasons with Smith there than I am of Smith keeping us up this season. Let me remind yall what we have been watching the last 3 weeks, there is no way a squad performing like that is capable of avoiding relegation, we are quite comfortably the worst team in the league even if the points don't show it. Its not even debatable imo, yet you think Smith can somehow turn it all around?

Its not about smith

Its about not wanting fat Sam 

2 years of 15th to 17th with Sam at the helm is not a springboard at all, as his previous clubs have shown and largely still are showing, his last 3 PL teams have all now sacked his successor, West ham are about to appoint manager number 4 in 18 months since he left

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s not a big assumption, we currently look the worst side in this league.thats not an assumption that’s reality we look awful

4 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It’s not a big assumption, we currently look the worst side in this league.thats not an assumption that’s reality we look awful

I'd be surprised if this side would cut it in the Championship!

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Did you not learn a thing the last time we were here? 

And then west ham and Everton are a mess years after he left, that's what I'm saying! You think our star players would stay when we're 16th and sacking a manager again in 5 years time? 

Sam and his ilk are not a quick fix

Learn what? You think we should have kept Lambert?

If it had not been for Sherwood we would have gone down that season.  Horrific appointments is what doomed us. Garde was a terrible choice.

Smith looks as lost as Lambert looked that last season. Even starting to blame refs and his own players. The job is clearly way too big for him, can't handle the pressure.

Â