195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

25 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Not true at all. All season I've said I'd love to finish 17th as I really don't think our team is that great. We were 2 or 3 players short without injuries imo. We're just 1 point off 17th and we have obvious injury problems at the minute. 

I don't know what everyone was expecting this season, but I suspect it was too much given our squad. 

Yep. Unfortunately lots of people quit, give up and bow out the second shit don't go there way in life. Same goes for football. 

voted Poch just because that would be bloody great. don't see it happening however so I think we should stick with DS and at least give him a chance to turn this around. that being said I'm pretty unhappy with him right now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Damn a newly promoted team struggling to get results in the toughest league in the world...........who'd a thunk it hey! 

Struggling to get results suggest there is some sort of fight, We've just been turned over by 2 of the worst side in the division, luckily beat Norwich. We are not competing which is the issue. Our manager is costing us points, replacing him could change that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

If Smith wasn’t a Villa fan, everyone would be going ape he hasn’t been let go.

Being a Villa fan should have no bearing on whether he stays or goes

Not sure I agree with either of those points actually. Especially the first. I think managers who bring their teams up generally get lots of sympathy once up (whether rightly or wrongly).

49 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I don't know what everyone was expecting this season, but I suspect it was too much given our squad. 

It's that time of year isn't it mate.

lots of disappointment caused by unrealistic expectations

Fortunately the schools start back soon.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Struggling to get results suggest there is some sort of fight, We've just been turned over by 2 of the worst side in the division, luckily beat Norwich. We are not competing which is the issue. Our manager is costing us points, replacing him could change that.

Agreed. It worked wonders when we employed Tim Sherwood, and the next season...

Oh hang on...

Just now, GodsBarkeep said:

Agreed. It worked wonders when we employed Tim Sherwood, and the next season...

Oh hang on...

Guess you could flip that and say that Smith improved our fortunes after Bruce.

No other comparisons.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Guess you could flip that and say that Smith improved our fortunes after Bruce.

No other comparisons.

Not sure what you mean mate

But I was just trying to make a point that a quick fix this season MIGHT (and it's a big might in my opinion given the unknowns in the squad), but likely we'll be in a relegation fight again next year 

I'd prefer to see a period of stability where we're trying to implement a proper philosophy (something many have called out for), rather than cacking ourselves at the first sign of trouble. We may well go down, but if our owners are serious then it shouldn't be an issue. 

I don’t think we should get rid of Smith yet but if we did, I would go for Gerard. He has slowly built through his work at Liverpool and now Rangers. He really has worked wonders with Rangers who look like winning the SPL this year. His teams play great football and he clearly has an eye for a player. He would also be a real inspirational leader for our young players.

People forgetting Big Sam is from birmingham too which means its likely he is a Villa fan. Which seems to buy you time in some peoples eyees.

I've always thought Sam would end up here one day.

Gerrard would be a gamble as much as giving the job to Terry.

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

People forgetting Big Sam is from birmingham too which means its likely he is a Villa fan. Which seems to buy you time in some peoples eyees.

I've always thought Sam would end up here one day.

Gerrard would be a gamble as much as giving the job to Terry.

He isn’t a Brummie. He’s from Dudley. I for one do NOT want Allardyce and as with DS, where a manager is from, doesn’t ultimately count for anything

Fat Sam in, buys 2 or 3 players in Jan, we play shit football but we stay up, buys 3 or 4 players in the summer, we play shit football but we stay up, we sign more players... We sack him...

We are back to where we were under Lerner 

He's in the same boat as Bruce, I would rather go down under Smith than stay up with fat Sam

He's pure short term PL is the be all and end all, glass ceiling, shite manager that plagues English football

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Fat Sam in, buys 2 or 3 players in Jan, we play shit football but we stay up, buys 3 or 4 players in the summer, we play shit football but we stay up, we sign more players... We sack him...

We are back to where we were under Lerner 

He's in the same boat as Bruce, I would rather go down under Smith than stay up with fat Sam

He's pure short term PL is the be all and end all, glass ceiling, shite manager that plagues English football

So you’d rather go down and lose Grealish, mings and mcginn than stay up with Sam - erm ok 🤔

staying in the premiership should be the top priority for this club who ever is in charge -relegation would be a disaster .

Edited by Eastie
  • Thanks 2

Â