195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

their is no 10 game run in this set of players with smith at the wheel in this league. we struggle to pass ten times v 10 men .

if villa want to stay in the league ..its big sam

if villa stick with smith its relegation 

both are as frightening as each other but thats the real world of football.

We are only heading one way under Smith and that's the Championship.

Southampton, Norwich and Watford have all played us off the park. There are no signs of improvement. Players's doesn't give a shit on the pitch. We are comfortably the worst team in the league under Smith.

Anyone backing Smith is imo purposely trying to sabotage our football club. Bluenoses in disguise.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Southampton, Norwich and Watford have all played us off the park. There are no signs of improvement. Players's doesn't give a shit on the pitch. We are comfortably the worst team in the league under Smith.

Anyone backing Smith is imo purposely trying to sabotage our football club. Bluenoses in disguise.

You said the exact same bollocks last season, got it all wrong. Care to reconsider? You can make it a seasonal thing for yourself. 

If the club had listened to fans like you we'd still be in the championship this season. Most likely without Grealish. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Thanks 1

I voted to keep Smith. 

But if I had to choose a new manager from that list it would be Rafa. 

Well I mean it would be Poch, but I live on planet Earth so I didn’t even consider that as a genuine option.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You do remember how wrong you were last season right?

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Allardyce keep teams up. He is a quick fix which is what we need right now.

Pellegrini is more of a long term appointment, even tho he is old.

I think West Ham followed your model of management and look where they are now. 

Smith all day long for me. I went into this season in the real world, realising that we had bought a whole new team that were mainly young and without any Premier League experience. They are not big names and came from much inferior leagues to the one they now find themselves in. Players from abroad usually take a while to settle down due to new country/culture etc. We won't see the best of these guys until next season and if that means in the Championship then so be it. 

I think that if we do go down and, right now, that's looking very likely, who would you want as our manager then? For me, I'd rather have Smith. I think that we should follow the Burnley route and stick with the young inexperienced manager and hopefully reap the rewards in the long run. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Come on man, you're an adult so stop acting like a child. Supporting the current manager doesn't make you a bluenose. Grow up.

• Like 4

I just don't understand why we're worse than pre-season. We're worse than 4 weeks ago. Doesn't make sense.

He's done it to himself if he gets the push by picking the same players who aren't good enough. Not setting the team up to have another formation. This is the fear should he stay on.

Suso has to go definitely, delivered mostly crap. Unsure who could get us competing to a high level with these signings.

1 minute ago, Villarocker said:

I don't want a rinse and repeat of the last time we were in the Premier League where we went through manager after manager trying to find the right one. I want some consistency and someone to get behind and support. 

Me neither - short term fixes at times of panic do not work, or if they do it's only to delay the inevitable. The club knew the risk they were taking last window, and I am sure have planned for relegation. We all said it at the time, that we'd rather rebuild in the premier league than in the championship with vastly less finances. Well it could be that's what's going to happen. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I just don't understand why we're worse than pre-season. We're worse than 4 weeks ago. Doesn't make sense.

He's done it to himself if he gets the push by picking the same players who aren't good enough. Not setting the team up to have another formation. This is the fear should he stay on.

Suso has to go definitely, delivered mostly crap. Unsure who could get us competing to a high level with these signings.

I think he's tried to tweak it but the ones coming in aren't performing either. 

A few weeks ago, some people were calling for Mings and McGinn to be dropped/rested and then look what happens when they aren't playing. The defense has fallen to pieces and the midfield non-existent. 

He's changed the right back and to I'll-effect, he's swapped the wide players around to try to find the right combination but they all perform as poorly as their predecessor. 

I think the whole team is simply suffering from lack of form and confidence. 

My biggest criticism of Smith is his persistence with not leaving out Wesley. Or, at the very least, not getting Kodjia on the pitch for a whole game to support him. Yesterday, Smith had the perfect chance. He could have started Kodjia wide left where he's played many times before. Grealish could have played behind Wesley and we could have had any of the wide players on the right. That was a great chance to get another striker on the pitch for a whole game against a weak team but he didn't do it for whatever reason. 

I also think he needs to stop playing Luiz in front of the back four - he's not suited to that position. 

I watched Wesley very closely yesterday and on multiple occasions he was on the right shoulder of the defender to have a ball played through for him to run on to. The pass never came because none of Lansbury, Luiz, Elmohamady or Hourihane saw the pass. He needs Grealish playing centrally as he would spot that pass. I actually thought Wesley played better despite that terrible miss. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

If Smith wasn’t one of us we’d be going mental. 

Also Poch and Rafa are very unlikely 

Fair point but the same goes for Solskjaer at Man Utd, the fans know how much he loves the club and therefore give him more time because they know how much the club means to him and they trust him. We need to do the same with Smith and at least give him this season and a decent portion of next season to see how it goes. 

52 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just a tip here, the league table may show relative strength over the season so far but in terms of toughest/easiest matches, it is always better to go by recent form tables.

Southampton have started playing well of late and will surely fly up the table, Watford likewise and stuffed Man Utd and even Norwich SHOULD have beaten Spurs and are no mugs. There are probably weaker teams to play right now higher up the table. Brighton, Bournemouth, Palace, for example, have only won one in their last five.

That isn't offered as a weak excuse, simply pointing out that current form really defines strength of opposition at any point in time better than the league table does.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I sense you're anger and you have a fair point. But most of the alternative s listed in the poll aren't feasible. Add in Chris Houghton, Alan Pardew, John Terry - etc.

The keep Smith is so high in part because there is no gettable alternative.

15 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I watched Wesley very closely yesterday and on multiple occasions he was on the right shoulder of the defender to have a ball played through for him to run on to. The pass never came because none of Lansbury, Luiz, Elmohamady or Hourihane saw the pass. He needs Grealish playing centrally as he would spot that pass. I actually thought Wesley played better despite that terrible miss. 

It’s been like this for a while. Perversely, Wesley’s conversion rate is good, but the team are not set up to supply him like we did, for example, Benteke under Sherwood. I think it’s about coaching Wesley and coaching the team, and the fact that the midfield isn’t holding it’s own.

I am not defending Wesley, his header was text book yesterday, but the save was excellent. Wesley started the move and ran into the box immediately for the return, he headed hard and low away from the keeper. It was just plain bad luck. But that aside we game him very little. With better service I think he would give a reasonable return, but we need at least two more forwards, and different style to Wes to have a plan B.

I don’t know why Guilbert has been dropped, he was a good offensive outlet previously, and coincided with an upturn. Elmo seems to be giving the ball away a lot despite some occasional decent play. Just so many questions at the moment. Jota, Lansbury and Elmo figuring, not knowing how to play El Ghazi and Trez all smacks of an attempt at a change, but missing the stability of Engels, Mings and McGinn is painful for this green squad.

Edited by thunderball

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

I sense you're anger and you have a fair point. But most of the alternative s listed in the poll aren't feasible. Add in Chris Houghton, Alan Pardew, John Terry - etc.

The keep Smith is so high in part because there is no gettable alternative.

He openly admitted Watford showed more desire.. how can you still be behind him when the players aren't playing for him anymore?

Â