Weekends Football 27/29 December

andykeenan

24 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Adama is pretty good these days. Nuno has done wonders with him. 

We let so many players go who went on to player at a higher level than us, like Adama. Makes me wonder how many of our current players who are misfiring would go on to blossom at another club.

17 minutes ago, useless said:

Adama was also excellent for Stoke. I said that when Wolves signed him for around £20m that it was a bargain because if he reaches his potential he will be worth much more than that and will have Europe's top sides wanting to sign him.

Middlesbrough you mean he was never at Stoke (only for day to look at training ground at Clayton Woods before villa signed him)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

We let so many players go who went on to player at a higher level than us, like Adama. Makes me wonder how many of our current players who are misfiring would go on to blossom at another club.

Decision making has been awful at our club for too many years. It was obvious to any person that knows anything about football that Adama just needed time and time to bring potential fully out

Edited by Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Think in a year or two Douglas Luiz will be a very good prem central midfielder. We have to remain patient with him while he matures. Of course the problem here is when he gets really good Man. City will just buy him back.

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Liverpool fans are going to be (even more) unbearable after tonight's result. 

i just cannot see them failing now. :(

Realistically with half the season gone and Liverpool only dropping 2 pts the title was gone anyway. Man City playing for 2nd spot. Hope for Leicester after tonights result. 

I will never understand the villa fans who didn't want adama to play during that relegation season. 

He was so raw but we were losing every week and at least he offered a spark. 

Imagine we hadn't gone down. 

Amavi, veretout, gueye, adama, grealish, ayew  

All looking very good players at the moment. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I guess the only consolation is that because Liverpool have it sewn up for months before it actually lands it’ll be a bit of a damp squib when it’s official. Might reduce the fanfare a little.

Not a chance, this is going to be worse than the "miracle of Istanbul'

Expecting them to give Gerrard an honouriary winners medal handed to him by the reanimated corpse of bill shankly

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Not a chance, this is going to be worse than the "miracle of Istanbul'

Expecting them to give Gerrard an honouriary winners medal handed to him by the reanimated corpse of bill shankly

The only hope is that we are not the team that is playing them the day they lift the trophy

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The only hope is that we are not the team that is playing them the day they lift the trophy

We wont be.  We've got Liverpool away in mid April, they'll need to be 16 points clear at full time to be mathematically crowned champions.  While that might actually happen if things keep on going the way they are going I believe they won't be awarded the trophy until either the final day of the season (Newcastle away) or their final home game the week before against Chelsea. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

We wont be.  We've got Liverpool away in mid April, they'll need to be 16 points clear at full time to be mathematically crowned champions.  While that might actually happen if things keep on going the way they are going I believe they won't be awarded the trophy until either the final day of the season (Newcastle away) or their final home game the week before against Chelsea. 

They're currently 13 points clear with a game in hand, so conceivably could already have that 16 point gap if they win that game.

I don't see the gap doing anything but widening by the end of the season, or at the very least it won't be whittled down to 3 points by the last week of the season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

"better than grealish" incoming

Safe to say he won't be there on his 21st birthday

Grealish is now behind Bellingham, Darren Carter, the left back they had that was always injured Sadler I think his name was and the Gardner brothers in the best local players ever slot 

Â