Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

Just now, LondonLax said:

Strikers are supposed to head the ball into the ground and towards the corner. It makes it much harder for the keeper than a shot at head height. Unfortunately Foster got a foot to it. 

He had a large angle to aim at. Placed it too near their keeper.

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I cannot question our work rate and physicality this match. I’m impressed by how we are out gritting this team.

That is encouraging for me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He's our record signing and number 1 striker. Credit when it's due for making a run? Its his first effort on target in 5 games. He should be scoring them, that is his job

People acting like it was Pele vs Gordon Banks, had to do a lot better there simple as that.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

He's our record signing and number 1 striker. Credit when it's due for making a run? Its his first effort on target in 5 games. He should be scoring them, that is his job

So history defines whether something is quality today? Are you for real? 

Not sure how expensive he was, and whether Deano wants to play him affects whether it was a good save or not either. 

Just now, screwdriver said:

wesley is doing fine.  it's nil nil away from home. a point is decent. run that clock down boy!

It’s also against one of the worst teams in the league. Away from home or not, if we aren’t winning these games we are finished. 

• Like 1

The club brought Wesley in and expected him to lead the team and score the goals to keep us up. The pressure is great. He's short on confidence. 

I'm not sure insulting him is the answer. The club is to blame.

• Like 1